West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

On 19 August 2016 at 18:45, Xela said:

The whole Berahino situation is odd. He's wanted to leave for years, WBA play hardball but then hardly play him. Now he's down to the last year of his deal. 

He is waiting his contract out to leave on a free I'd imagine.

Just now, Genie said:

No winners at all in this situation

Not so sure I agree, his agent will do nicely out of it and so too will the player even if it means waisting a couple of years of his career. I don't think the player gives a monkey's about the game to be honest.

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not so sure I agree, his agent will do nicely out of it and so too will the player even if it means waisting a couple of years of his career. I don't think the player gives a monkey's about the game to be honest.

The lads value must have dropped by hardly playing which will be reflected in the offer he gets, 2/3 years on a lower salary than if WBA had sold him.

He's unhappy, WBA unhappy they've got no money and no player, buying club has no player.

Very odd situation, WBA the biggest losers in it all and they are the ones who messed the whole thing up.

Seem's I'd got the wrong end of the stick on this one, I thought WBA had accepted an offer for him and that he turned a move down but that doesn't appear to be the case. What I just read is that an offer was made by Stoke but that WBA had turned it down and said he wasn't for sale at the price offered and they would have to have signed a replacement first.

So I guess that could be viewed as them trying to push the price up or as a consequence of their woeful transfer window to date.

But I agree with you its an odd situation as they are holding on to a player that they probably won't play and who doesn't want to play for them.

So still looks like a bit of a continuation of the pissing contest between Peace and the player.

Guess they will still get a fee for him even next summer due to his age.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Seem's I'd got the wrong end of the stick on this one, I thought WBA had accepted an offer for him and that he turned a move down but that doesn't appear to be the case. What I just read is that an offer was made by Stoke but that WBA had turned it down and said he wasn't for sale at the price offered and they would have to have signed a replacement first.

So I guess that could be viewed as them trying to push the price up or as a consequence of their woeful transfer window to date.

But I agree with you its an odd situation as they are holding on to a player that they probably won't play and who doesn't want to play for them.

So still looks like a bit of a continuation of the pissing contest between Peace and the player.

Guess they will still get a fee for him even next summer due to his age.

Was 23 just last week. Is it under 23 or including players aged 23 for a tribunial?

I wouldn't bank on that for a decent transfer amount...Burnley got about 6m for Danny Ings when he left and they could've easily got double that.

Still think Berahino might be a last day deal. West Brom would've sold him if the Sakho move had gone through.

To add to the SHA thread, another team who's fans are thinning. 23k there fore Everton yesterday according to my mate - and he says it looked emptier than that in the stadium.

weird really as you'd think they would see this year as a fantastic opportunity to push their chest out and try to establish themselves as big dogs. 

Mind you...if Pulis were our manager, he short term relief that stability/solidity brings would soon descend into anger at the sheer mind numbingness of his 'style'.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was 23 just last week. Is it under 23 or including players aged 23 for a tribunial?

I wouldn't bank on that for a decent transfer amount...Burnley got about 6m for Danny Ings when he left and they could've easily got double that.

Still think Berahino might be a last day deal. West Brom would've sold him if the Sakho move had gone through.

I'm really not sure to be honest on the detail of the rule, just going off what I read and yes I agree re the fee.

Â