West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

West brom are where we were under mcleish, a chairman who doesn't want to spend money to get them in the top 10 and only willing to hire managers happy to go with that.

take berahino out that team and without looking, I'd guess a majority of that squad are close to 30 or over, so pretty soon they will need a squad overhaul. To go with a new manager to go with the fans expectations of where they think they should be. If they get rid of pulis they will be in trouble.

• Like 1

Another Pulis tactical master class I see....;)

What amazes me about West Brom is for the few shots on target they still score a decent amount of goals against good quality opposition...2 tonight, 2 at Chelsea, 3 at home to Palace etc.

They must have one of the best goals to shots ratios in the league surely? 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Another Pulis tactical master class I see....;)

What amazes me about West Brom is for the few shots on target they still score a decent amount of goals against good quality opposition...2 tonight, 2 at Chelsea, 3 at home to Palace etc.

They must have one of the best goals to shots ratios in the league surely? 

Exactly as poor as west brom are under pulis they score goals with little quality unlike this shower of shite

When we beat them twice last year we were better than them in all aspects.. now they are miles ahead. How did that happen?

A decent manager who can get the best out of his players, that's what happened!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Another good victory for Pulis. 

He is effective, I'll give him that!

I'm sure many on here would still to claim to rather go down than have him in charge. 

WBA now 15 points above the drop (and 11 from 4th).

Pullis has done well.  Not exactly shocked that West Brom are no where near relegation.  We should have gone for Pullis or Big Sam when we had the chance.  Criminal from our board to be honest.  Even just as a 2-3 year stop gap measure to stabilise the club a bit.  

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was said in jest but we regularly gave Man United a game and got results and wins in those games so no ridiculous hoodoo. 

we did? we have beat them 4 times in 32 years in the league

On 06/03/2016 at 23:18, VillaChris said:

It was said in jest but we regularly gave Man United a game and got results and wins in those games so no ridiculous hoodoo. 

If you combine what he did as a footballer and manager for the club then maybe they should. He was a wonderful footballer whose career was curtailed by knee injuries. My fav Villa player ever.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes....

95-96 we won that famous kids game and then drew 0-0 at Old Trafford. Following season was two 0-0 draws.

It wasn't as rare an occasion then though.  We beat them twice at home in 92/93 (once in the cup).

It's now been 20 years since we beat them at home whilst playing them every year.  **** ridiculous!

I am aware we beat their reserves 3-0 in 2000 iirc.

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It wasn't as rare an occasion then though.  We beat them twice at home in 92/93 (once in the cup).

It's now been 20 years since we beat them at home whilst playing them every year.  **** ridiculous!

I am aware we beat their reserves 3-0 in 2000 iirc.

No that was my point.

Â