January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Well if we don't buy players then we are going down so the Board can worry about money then when they lose all the prem league money.

How can a team with the 5/6 highest turnover in league be so broke..

Lambert's top two targets - defender and centre mid - haven't been secured. I think if there isn't progress on the signing front the manager might be finally forced to speak out rather than take stick for not signing the players everyone knows the team requires!

Stephens is 100 per cent non-starter. They wanted too much for him in the summer and that hans't changed! It is doesn't improve the manager might have to start looking at his third and fourth options which obviously isn't good!

HH if this is true then we are in a pretty desperate place. Time to start photocopying the '£' signs again.

HairyHands could be a bored child, or could be in the know. I kind of hope you're a bored child HH (no offence :)) as if what you say is true then Lerner is a fool and we're destined for relegation, which'll cost him a hell of a lot more than putting his hand in his pocket now. If he expects us to bounce straight back up out of the Championship then he is an enormous fool and should be driven out of the club. We go down, and we'll be there for years.

Was looking at the current spine of the team

Guzan (decent)

..............Clark (Poor).........Baker (Patchy)

............Bannan (Poor).. ....Delph (Poor)

............Weimann (decent /Learning)....Benteke (Good but learning)

Is it any suprise we are in the mess we are? Add to that a very poor Left back situation.

The players we are missing through injury or just not playing/fancied would change it to something like this

.................................Guzan (decent)

...............Vlaar (Good / learning).. Dunne (Solid / error prone)

...............Westwood (Good/learning).. Ireland (Woefull)

..................................Bent (Never plays)

I admit i would love to see how Vlaar & Dunne played together in defence & it's obvious we need a midfield general to partner Westwood. But it's plainly obvious why we are struggling looking at that lot. Any good team has a solid spine ours is either injured or not up to a sufficient standard.

So for me in defence we need to get fit / replace Dunne, get Vlaar fit & give Clark & Baker a rest / chance to regroup & buy a new Left Back or bring Warnock back on a "last chance" basis.

In Midfield we need a top notch Captain/general to replace Petrov.. I think Westwood is good but we need to drop Bannan & Delph yesterday.

Up front i think we are reasonable but need to resolve the Bent situation & replace him as necessary with someone Lambert likes.

& thats just the spine!!! lol!