January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Im concerned we are trying to buy an attacking midfielder for 10 million plus.

our biggest concern is a DM. we need to throw 10 million at a high quality DM. Unless Randy is feeling generous and gets both !

DM and CB are an absolute must. Stephens and Coutinho would be great additions but those 2 positions should be priority.

I hope this Coutinho story is true, I tweeted that Sky Italia guy and he confirmed the rumour. Like others have said, I'd expect there is a decent amount of funds if Lambert is willing to outlay at least this much on 1 player! Would love if this comes off and hope fully at least 1 more midfielder and defender.

Im concerned we are trying to buy an attacking midfielder for 10 million plus.

our biggest concern is a DM. we need to throw 10 million at a high quality DM. Unless Randy is feeling generous and gets both !

DM and CB are an absolute must. Stephens and Coutinho would be great additions but those 2 positions should be priority.

To be fair though, there could be various negotiations going on that we have not a clue about and many times these deals will take time. Even more so because it is January so fees will be bumped up by selling clubs and buying clubs will really have to haggle to get reasonable deals. I'm sure defenders are being worked on as well, just because we haven't heard, it does not mean the wheels aren't in motion.

To be fair though, there could be various negotiations going on that we have not a clue about and many times these deals will take time. Even more so because it is January so fees will be bumped up by selling clubs and buying clubs will really have to haggle to get reasonable deals. I'm sure defenders are being worked on as well, just because we haven't heard, it does not mean the wheels aren't in motion.

I think you're exactly right. If the rumour was true that Southampton were also interested in him perhaps that is why we've made our bid now.

Also if we get an attacking player in earlier in the window it gives more flexibility in trying to move someone on from the same position (I personally think Ireland or Bent) in the same window.

Apparantly Coutinho has been dicked around by Inter. He could want out. Why else would there be a few clubs bidding for him. His agent must have put the for sale sign up.

yeah i read somewhere that he wants to be part of the brazil 2014 squad, so of course he needs games. where else better then the premier league :)

yeah i read somewhere that he wants to be part of the brazil 2014 squad, so of course he needs games. where else better then the premier league :)

At this rate we can only get him on loan then...

It's a matter of Inter trying to find a buyer for Sneijder and his massive wages or letting Coutinho and/or Alvarez go.

If Sneijder accepts Galatasaray's offer, Coutinho could still be at Inter by the time this window closes.

Edit: Haha didn't see your post there Crackpot. Doh!

Edited by Ghost

on a serious note.. im glad our scouts have made it out to Italy. With confirmed interest in Cavanda and Coutinho. (two young players though).

I dont mind if we dont get experience.. if their young and actually GOOD it doesnt matter.

Anyone besides me get the feeling that the very fact that there such a public link means that the whole Coutinho thing is either just plain BS or a smokescreen? Look at Villa's recent transfer history and how hush-hush things have been kept bar the odd freak leak (Randy's plane spotted in Norway, Vlaar spotted at VP). The club deliberately keep things under the radar and I suspect would tell Coutinho's agent not to put things in the papers until it's a done deal or we'll go elsewhere. Would his agent even know if a bid was put in and rejected? I would think that Villa would at least tell Inter not to spill the beans until something is agreed. Inter wouldn't have any reason to go against Villa's wishes. Telling his agent would only give the agent ammunition to push for a move or a promise of playing time, hemming them in. They don't need his agent to get a bidding war going if that's their goal. I just don't see this happening.

Please don't say these kind of things. It is the only ray of hope I can hang onto as a Villa fan.

Sorry, mate. I was getting excited myself, but started thinking that it just doesn't fit the mold. Plus, as someone mentioned above, what good is an flair attacking mid to us if we're already down 2 goals before our defense and DMs even get the ball to him in an attacking position. He certainly doesn't look like someone who's going to track back and tackle anyone, nor should he have to if his skills are to be properly utilized.

Italian clubs are well known for leaking transfer stories tho, it's not like Scandinavia or northern europe. I doubt we'd be able to sign a player from Italy without rumours coming out from inside the clubs.