January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Agree on this. Faulkner has taken us from one disaster to the next and should go.

Faulkner's an administrator - he doesn't make any decisions. He's a run around that takes care of the day to day requirements of running a large business. I reckon he would have very little to do with footballing issues other than perhaps the PR side of them.

Faulkner's an administrator - he doesn't make any decisions. He's a run around that takes care of the day to day requirements of running a large business. I reckon he would have very little to do with footballing issues other than perhaps the PR side of them.

I really do not know why people find this so hard to understand. Faulkner seems to get a lot of stick when really, every decision being made at this club is down to Randy. If Paul is doing a bad job he shouldn't be blamed for it, Randy should for employing him.

Sir Graham of Taylor has gone on record as being scathing (in the politest possible way) about the lack of football knowledge at the top of our club. But this is old news.

Lambert's top two targets - defender and centre mid - haven't been secured. I think if there isn't progress on the signing front the manager might be finally forced to speak out rather than take stick for not signing the players everyone knows the team requires!

Stephens is 100 per cent non-starter. They wanted too much for him in the summer and that hans't changed! It is doesn't improve the manager might have to start looking at his third and fourth options which obviously isn't good!

Well either Hairyhands or JulieB are incorrect.

One says we have signed Stephens but not announced and the other is saying its a 100% non starter.

Well either Hairyhands or JulieB are incorrect.

One says we have signed Stephens but not announced and the other is saying its a 100% non starter.

I suspect HH - But of course charlton could always accept our lower bid - if no other offers come in.

Yes, thats why WBA rejected it. Because they could. If a named club in clause bid the right amount then it would be up to Jonas.

im surprised to be honest wba have kept so many players for so long,some of wba players would walk into a villa side, we should match qpr with this bid

Faulkner is a meddling buffoon. He has been involved in manager selection and was also part of the Milner / Ireland fiasco. He goes on record talking about European Football and compelling football. He has seriously under performed and should be replaced with an experienced CEO with a good grasp of the game of football.

Faulkner is a meddling buffoon. He has been involved in manager selection and was also part of the Milner / Ireland fiasco. He goes on record talking about European Football and compelling football. He has seriously under performed and should be replaced with an experienced CEO with a good grasp of the game of football.

Yet has been voted onto the FA council.

I'd rather we kept Dunne and got him back in the team ASAP, is exactly what we need at the moment.

What, another bumbling error prone centre-back?

He probably would do ok in our backline given how poor it is at the moment but I don't think he's the answer. Would be great if we could get rid of him and get another quality CB in to go alongside a hopefully fit Vlaar.

He probably would do ok in our backline given how poor it is at the moment but I don't think he's the answer. Would be great if we could get rid of him and get another quality CB in to go alongside a hopefully fit Vlaar.

Realistically though, is any team really going to pay for Dunne with his contract up in summer...the only teams that would possibly do so would be relegation threatened clubs, and that is considering he is even fit. While obviously I agree with you that he is not the long term fix, we are not necessarily in the position to turn down a defender of his calibre ATM, and if he is fit soon, he needs to go straight into the side.

• Like 1

If we could get rid, and replace with another Vlaar, then by all means do so. But I'm not particularly optimistic about that happening if I'm honest. In which case, I'd be much happier seeing our defense line up with Stephens, Dunne, Vlaar and Lowton than the current shower of piss that haunts our great club.