January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

A fit Dunne is exactly what we need for the run in. He's at his best in desperate last ditch defending - it's what he thrives on. He's exactly what the younger defenders need when we're under the cosh. I would hope that, despite the fact he's injured - he's still in the dressing room talking to the likes of the Clark and Baker. Despite his recent form and injuries he's an experienced premier league defender and at the top of his game was one of the league's best. He's never had pace or athleticism so it's not like he'll come back missing it.

I think he could give us one last big effort and really make a difference.

Re: Dunne.. Anyone know how far off he is?.. & Vlaar? .. I still think Lowton - Vlaar - Dunne - Warnock would make a massive difference to our goals against column.

I'd have Clark in there instead of Warnock - he did well at LB under Houllier and can pass it. Would also be good for him being alongside Dunne and being told what to do rather than trying to marshal things himself.

I think Warnock well and truly gave up on us when O'Neill left. His displays since then have just reeked of someone who doesn't care. Doesn't care if he give away dangerous frees, doesn't care if he just hoofs it and loses possession.

If they don't bring in any players of sufficient quality, and 'hairyhands' is right, then quite frankly the 'football club' doesn't deserve to be in the Premier League. No club which behaves as poorly as this one, which has such a lack of importance geared to what happens on the pitch, and continues to bullshit to fans deserves to be in the top league - be it Aston Villa or not.

• Like 2

When Mon left the squad would have been made up of the likes of Friedel, Young, Collins, Davies, Cuellar, Beye, Young, Milner, Petrov, Downing, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Heskey, Carew. I have left out Agbonlahor, Guzan, Dunne & Warnock as they are still here, all of the others have since left. Granted a few of the younger players such as Delph, Bannan, Clark have got new deals, but the only players who have come in and remain in the team now (obviously there were loans, Walker, Bradley Jenas, and then the likes of Pires on short term deals) are Ireland, Given, N'Zogbia, Makoun, Bent, Vlaar, Bennett, Lowton, Bowery, Benteke, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Holman, Hutton. Surely of the 14 players that have left there would be a substantial decrease in the wages between them and the 14 that have come in? I'd speculate a rough saving of at least 150k a week. Which when you consider what we have lost and got in is absoultely nuts.

Dunne has been injured for almost 6 months. He is probably the size of a house! At his age, just getting fit will take a while, and with being out of contract in June, there is a risk that he won't be the committed defender he came back as at the end of last season - if he gets injured again, no job next year! Plus he is another year slower, and will remain error-prone.

The MLS pre-season starts in March does it not? Nobody will give us money, but if he can get a contract, we could let him go and not pay him the £60k a week for the next 5 months. An assumption of course.

Good deal for me if true. And earlier enough to make signing a replacement possible.

Looks like another day of busy transfer activity down the Villa is coming to a close

Don't we have to have players registered by tomorrow afternoon for them to play against Southampton?

Looks like Nil point the weekend with us heading for the trapdoor

We need 4 players, two central midfielders and two central defenders, I reckon 2 with top level experience and two with potential. I do not expect any Brazilian or any other flair player, exactly the sort of player we do not need.