January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Reported on Sky Italia 20 mins ago

'Giancluca di Marzio at Sky Italia has confirmed Inter have turned down a €10+2M bid from #AVFC for Coutinho

Would be a massive signing if we pulled it off, don't get the price though, meant to be 12m euros??

That's more like it!

I'd be delighted if that came off, maybe an extra £1m or £2m might do it!

I see someone mentioned Flamini a couple of posts up, not that the wages would be reasonable but he'd be a great defensive midfielder - knows the Prem, real quality. For someone like him, could we not offer him a large signing on fee to subsidize his wages?

Inter will not wait Sneijder and works on market. Massimo Moratti has said no to Lodi in January, if you would come back in June. I do not want to do rude to the President of Catania Santos. Inter but tomorrow sees Alessandro Moggi, the agent of Lodi. We will discuss the possible loopholes, perhaps putting down the foundations for June. Chapter Schelotto: now the player was in Milan, he met his agent Bozzo. It's up to him to try to smooth out the distance of two million between Inter and Atalanta, at work and it is. Coutinho's agent has admitted that there is interest of Aston Villa.Here is the English club's offer: 10 million plus two bonus. Inter, however, says no, Coutinho remains.

Gianluca Di Marzio

A bloke called @Bodymoorheathsc tweeted earlier that we made a £9m bid (€11m) for Coutinho...then later on that it had been rejected just before the Sky Italia guys said it had been rejected.

Could still be BS but the same account has said we have lodged a bid for Cavanda

BODYMOOR HEATH SCOOP @BODYMOORHEATHSC The £9m bid for Coutinho was rejected.#avfc - 6 hours ago

BODYMOOR HEATH SCOOP @BODYMOORHEATHSC Lambert has been told by Lerner that he will have significant funds to invest this month. Very concerned behind the scenes. #AVFC - 1 day ago

BODYMOOR HEATH SCOOP @BODYMOORHEATHSC Paul has made an offer to Lazio for promising defender Luis Cavanda. #AVFC - 2 days ago

BODYMOOR HEATH SCOOP @BODYMOORHEATHSC Aston Villa have submitted a £9m bid for Phillipe Coutinho. #AVFC - 2 days ago

EDIT: DHV beat me to it

Edited by HalfTimePost

Can't help but feel signing players of Coutinho's ilk ought to be some way down Lambert's priority list.

With the ball we're pretty hopeless but without it we are an absolute car crash. Need muscle and organisation immediately.

Pity, that would have been an exciting signing.

I doubt that's the end of it.... we had 2 or 3 bids rejected for Tekkers..... This may be the "signing to appease the fans"..... Would love this to happen.....

-------------Coutinho

I hope so. Would be so great.

Indeed, it's the whole "player the fans can put their faith into" thing, it would be a massive statement of intent from Lerner.... follow that up with Stephens, a DM and a CB and well..... we are gonna be so better off...

Coutinho would be the marquee signing, like Bent two seasons ago. Something to lift the whole club. Still can't see it happening but it would be a coup for us if we could pull it off.

Edited by Mantis

The silver lining to this recent run of nightmare results is that it seems to have possibly scared the sh*t out of Lerner, and PL will have more money to spend right now than initially thought.

Edited by maqroll

Lerner doesn't seem likely to pull the trigger on Lambert even if we suffer a few more bad results, BUT, if I am wrong and this is not the case he's not going to sanction any of Lamberts targets if there's a possiblity of a new manager coming in unless they are relying more on the chief scout for targets. I don't think Lambert will get the boot before the end of the season at least though.

If we can sign Countinho, I hope Lambert gets him a solid defensive mid behind him .Countinho is good going forward and can create chances for the likes of Benteke, Weimann and Bent. He can't have loads of defensive responsibilities though.

If we can sign Countinho, I hope Lambert gets him a solid defensive mid behind him .Countinho is good going forward and can create chances for the likes of Benteke, Weimann and Bent. He can't have loads of defensive responsibilities though.

Indeed, if we sign him he needs to be the player that can basically do what he wants an express himself when he plays.... to pay what would be about 12m Euro's and then say you need to get back and defend, then we may as well spend that money on Moussa Sissoko, for the love of Paul McGrath I hope we get Coutinho....