January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Surely he isn't the right sort of player for Lambert? I don't think he would fit into the new system, we are clearly going down the 3 in the centre approach, with strikers bring deployed as 'wingers'...

To me that's why the signing of either Aubameyang or Tiason would fit the system at the moment!!

Exactly, unless we bring in the next Mata or Hazard who can attack, link play and score goals.

Affellay would be good to put out onto the left. Get him in on loan! (is he on loan at the moment or did barca sell him)

Exactly, unless we bring in the next Mata or Hazard who can attack, link play and score goals.

Affellay would be good to put out onto the left. Get him in on loan! (is he on loan at the moment or did barca sell him)

That would probably be Isco but he's Waaaaay out of our price range! (sadly) but Affellay is only on loan to Schalke from Barca, I'd kill to have either Aubameyang or Taison sign for us........ OR BOTH :o :3 I think I'd literally have to get a new keyboard! :P I'd love a Brazilian Attacker playing for us who we could all Love :P

That would probably be Isco but he's Waaaaay out of our price range! (sadly) but Affellay is only on loan to Schalke from Barca, I'd kill to have either Aubameyang or Taison sign for us........ OR BOTH :o :3 I think I'd literally have to get a new keyboard! :P I'd love a Brazilian Attacker playing for us who we could all Love :P

We'd all like to see a nice Brazilian on show on a Saturday, some pay over the odds for that ;)

We'd all like to see a nice Brazilian on show on a Saturday, some pay over the odds for that ;)

Indeed!! Well Taison (According to the Web) Is availiable for around 8m.... he's 24 thats a pretty solid investment, he was class for Internacional and has been very good for Metalist! I'm dreaming again, back to FM methinks!

considering im an old fasioned kind of guy and prefering 4-4-2

i can see the logic in 4-3-3, a more modern style this, a week later, ive accepted, lol

so to take into considering how many strikers and central mids we have, and not many wingers, it makes sence

HOWEVER

i would stll say its worth having at least 1 left and 1 right winger in the squad just for rotation etc, we already have albrighton and holman for the right, and nzog on the left, but imo, he will up his game, he appears not to be bothered, so he needs replacing

I'll go out on a limb and say that Downing really is Lambert's kind of player. If there's a deal to be done and Downing wouldn't be averse to coming back, I'd say that would have legs. I doubt we'd give him the best wages though.

Sure, he's an absolute game changer. Berbatov is one of the few players in the PL often worthy of a £40 ticket just to watch his skill, technique, movement and class. I'd rather him as our top earner than Darren Bent.

His all round game is infinitely better.

Sure, he's an absolute game changer. Berbatov is one of the few players in the PL often worthy of a £40 ticket just to watch his skill, technique, movement and class. I'd rather him as our top earner than Darren Bent.

His all round game is infinitely better.

A game changer? So you mean super sub?

The Berbatov of old at Spurs yes you are bang on correct, but that went while at utd, yes when he turned on the style he did good things but this would be seen every what 2 games in every 10 he played.

He has grown lazy imo, does not really track for the ball much and is too old now to expect anything fantastic out of him for what we need.

The reason he seems to be doing 'okay' now is because he is back with the same boss he flourished under at Spurs.

Personally with how our season started he would have offered us nothing would not have been getting any service and be on a constant sulk still now proberly.

I think if anything we would be in about 19th position with him here rather than Benteke. imho because Bent has done bugger all either.