January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

By the looks of things we really only need a def midfielder to stay up. Vlaar brought great defending back and we looked well assured for long periods in that baggies game. With Dunne back we can probably defend alot better on corners aswell.

By the looks of things we really only need a def midfielder to stay up. Vlaar brought great defending back and we looked well assured for long periods in that baggies game. With Dunne back we can probably defend alot better on corners aswell.

Agreed.

I posted about a week ago saying that he may be in no rush for a CB as he would obviously have a good idea when they would be returning from injury which explains his statements regarding needing to strengthen midfield.

Defo need a solid DM with a bit of muscle.

Agreed.

I posted about a week ago saying that he may be in no rush for a CB as he would obviously have a good idea when they would be returning from injury which explains his statements regarding needing to strengthen midfield.

Defo need a solid DM with a bit of muscle.

Whilst i don't disagree, Baker, Vlaar and Dunne have suffered with injuries and Clark collects cards like they are going out of fashion so we are only an injury or suspension away from being short of players.

Whilst it's not ideal, by bringing in an extra centre half it allows us to possibly move Clark into a DM role if PL can't get the player he wants for that role.

Means we're relying on Dunne and Vlaar to stay fit to stay up. Not ideal. Surely even a veteran on loan as cover would be a good idea?

I can't see Dunne playing any time soon. He's only just returned to light training, and has been out for so long. Match fitness, general fitness, fitting in with so many new players... I just can't see him being put back in the team unless it;s an absolute emergency.

If QPR want him they will just offer him 90k/week and blow everyone else out of the water. Stupid thing to do financially but that's what QPR have decided to do under Fernandes.

We just need to sign a DM and a CB. Just to bulk up the squad and add more power to our team. Apart from Vlaar, Baker and Benteke we really lack any physical strength in our team.

I see Curtis Davies might be available for a cut price deal. Wouldnt be a bad shout.

Couldn't be any worse than what we have at the moment. £1.5m I think is the quoted fee. Not too shabby.

Indeed even if it's a bloody 22 year old Jamaican from sodding Bournemouth, I don't care where we sign the players from.... it matters if they gel as a team and can play together.... We need a Strong Mobile DM, whether it be Derek Boateng, Moussa Sissoko, Liam Trotter, Cheikhou Kouyate or a bloke from Bournemouth....

Actually I am to old to play for Villa now :)

I can't see Dunne playing any time soon. He's only just returned to light training, and has been out for so long. Match fitness, general fitness, fitting in with so many new players... I just can't see him being put back in the team unless it;s an absolute emergency.

saw a photo of him train last week, He is very slimline compared to what i was expecting

Newcastle expected to complete sissoko and gouffran deals. Lequipe. Reading qpr improving.. Newxastle southampton buying players.. We really need something or we really are in the shit

Really ? as soon as WBA got one - I was surprised how long it was 2-1. Another 2 goals conceeeded - another 2 points lost. I agreed with commentator after the game - a better side than WBA would have tore that defence to shreds.

Don't be fooled by WBA'S position in the table - on current form they are very poor side.