January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Just six weeks until the transfer window opens...it's looking more and more likely that Bent, Warnock, Hutton, Dunne and possibly Shay Given will all be sold...

How much money do you think Lerner will free up in addition to fees accrued?

What position do you think needs to be addressed most?

I'd like to try and make a loan move for someone like Daniel Sturridge, especially if we're shifting Bent.

A midfield boss is paramount though...I hate to say it, but a player like Joey Barton would do the trick nicely.

I don't think all of the names you first mention will all be gone by January but definately all by the summer.

I feel possibly 2 or 3 leaving in Jan but you never know.

Of the names you mention:

Given definately needed till the end of the season,

Warnock is still out on loan but do not know the contract length of the deal,

Hutton, asap I hope if not then get him loaned out and off the wage bill for now.

Dunne should remain here till the end of his contract.

Bent definately the one looking most likely out of this bunch as it stands to be leaving come Jan.

Add to that Makoun, N'Zogbia, Delfouneso, and hopefully KEA & Delph might all be departing after May 2013.

I feel that there is still money in the pot left over from the summer so combined with any sales we make in January on top of this I feel RL might not even have to dig into his pocket and just let PL use whats there especially if we get 10-15m for Bent IF he leaves.

I do however feel that RL should help back PL if needed to sign our new central midfielder who should be 19 year old German Julian Draxler of Schalke.

This does not come from any FM hot shot or playing fifa or even watching any youtube clips of him. My opinion is solely based that I have watched quite alot of Schalke games this season and this guy would be the missing creative piece to our midfield puzzle we are needing for years to come. It might take double figures in the teens to get him but definately worth it in my opinion especially at such a young age who can only get better.

Other positions needed focused on most for me would be the LB which needs addressed.

I hope any other transfers would be like for like of any players that leave or loaned out.

I like the Idea of signing Sturridge on loan and he would be a great addition but I feel he is now part of Di Matteos plans so we can forget about that one sadly.

As for Joey Barton. You have got to be **** joking! :angry:

Pains me to say it but Bent will be off. I think Bentekes all round contribution gives us everything that Darren Bent does'nt.

I'd offload N'Zogbia too, but that may prove difficult.

As for who's coming in? I've given up trying to second guess Lambert....but he has'nt made too bad a job of it so far.

I very much doubt that Bent leaves during january unless they can get very good replacement for him and I really doubt that they'll get rid of KEA because he does show promise and haven't gotten used to the PL yet.

N'Zogbia might leave but probably not before summer because I don't think Lambert wants to change too much and keep some continuinity in the team. Delph on the other hand will probably go on loan unless he manages to impress him. Delph is an oddity, sometimes he plays well or really well (like against Tottenham in the very first games against last season).

Makoun imo showed a lot of promise but he clearly didn't adjust to UK and PL which is a shame, and certainly didn't want to say but I can hardly blame him after Houllier left and all the chaos in the club. He will definitely be sold, probably to the club he's loaned on atm.

IMO we mostly need a winger and a strong and good defensive midfielder. Then we might go back to playing 4-4-2 and include Bent when we need to. As it is now 4-3-3/4-5-1 suits us best and it doesn't really suit Bent, especially as he won't be our best option for the central/lonely striker. I don't think Bent would work well as a wing forward and Benteke adds so much more than him in the central position. But with 4-4-2 and Bent and Benteke playing together they'll both fit in.

Robbie Keane? What a joke there is no way, please move on people.

I seem to remember people saying this last season, and he ended up significantly contributing to us staying in the league.

McLeish's best signing

• Like 2

As for CB´s there is a couple of young ones out there. My suggestions Harry Maguire (Sheffield UTD) only 19 but will be some player. Pontus Jansson (Malmö FF, Swedish Allsvenskan) 21 years old, played for the U21 now in the senior side for the first time against England, he has a bit of Martin Laursen about him.

Teemu Pukki from Schalke might be a good shout as extra striker but they would probably want 4-10 million for him even though he won't get chances to play. He's pretty quick, has good touch and eye for goal but might be a bit too much like Bent to suit Lambert's plans.

Wouldn't mind Frimpong tbh.... Defensive midfield ball winner.... also having Jack Woodward saying Dench would be quite funny!

If we get the young German keeper in and sell given that would free up about 50-60k of wages to spent on other areas of the team (Like offering Benteke a new deal!) :P

tbh, typically i can see only 2 at most coming in, but maybe 3 going out

i think its the more of the left side that needs improving - LW, LB and left centre back

bent i want to stay, but if he is sold, then sturridge is a good shout till the end of the season

dunne is worth keeping till the end of season, and maybe another season, were already thin on CBs, (although id love to see either robert huth or john heitinga)

given is worth keeping till end of contract

hutton may leave, he needs to leave, we do need another left back, olsson would be best choice

hopefully we can unload defouneso, he will never make it here, he cant cut it in the prem, plus theres gabby, benteke and andi all above him

marshall - why is he still here?

warnock - lol