January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I'd like a big name to improve us and our stature. Like when MON tried to get Sneijder, we should go for someone of that level. If we pay enough, they'll come.

I think it's pretty obvious that at this stage, we won't be paying enough to get anyone close to Sneijder's quality.

How about Diame from West Ham? He looks like the kind of dominant midfielder we need. W.H. Got him on a free from Wigan in the summer and apparently has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if offers of 7million are made. Everton and Fulham are reportedly interested. If those two managers fancy him he can't be too bad.

• Like 1

How about Diame from West Ham? He looks like the kind of dominant midfielder we need. W.H. Got him on a free from Wigan in the summer and apparently has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if offers of 7million are made. Everton and Fulham are reportedly interested. If those two managers fancy him he can't be too bad.

Good post 'Ironsid.'

I was one of those who wanted Diame before he went to Spam. Apparently MOTM at the weekend and would have strengthened one of our weaknesses. Can't see Spam letting him go though but if there is a clause in his contract for 7M he'd only move if the likes of Everton or Fulham came in for him and unfortunately not us at the moment. The time to get him was before he went to spam on a free although our very own Westwood now seems to be improving albeit a slightly different player than Diame. Excellent signing nonetheless by Big Sam.

Would a player who's only played for a club for 6 months be allowed to leave? Isn't there a rule that says that a player can't leave a new club after 6 months? If his contract extends that.

If Lewis Holtby were willing to leave Schalke for us i'd strongly suggest letting a shrink test him for mental illness as there must be something very wrong with his head.

Schalke to Villa is sadly a massive step down in every possible way at the moment.

I can possibly se him moving to Everton if they sell Fellaini, but i think he'll stay with Schalke a while longer.

It's really hard to guess which quality players we'll pursue as i have no idea what our ambitions are and what kind of sums Lerner will make avaliable. I hope we go for the Dutch/Belgian/German line rather than English lower leagues prospects.

As mentioned earlier in the thread the coming 6-7 months will determine if we are to remaine as an elite club, if we go down i don't think we'll go up again unless we find a new mega rich owner

If last summer taught us anything, it's that idle speculation regarding potential signings is completely pointless. I don't think anyone would have even taken a punt on Benteke, Vlaar, El Ahmadi, Bennet, Westwood, Bowery or Lowton joining the Villa. So there really isn't much point in trying to second guess Lambert. You're best option would be to look at the Feyenord team and find someone with a release clause in his contract.

Anderweireld - CB

Weidwald - Keeper incase we shift Given and because I would love Gareth to get one right. (Sorry Gareth)

Lens - Quality Winger and rapid as hell

Pierre-Aubameyang - another rapid striker who I rate

Shopping done online!

It's living in the past as far as I am concerned; Lambert I imagine would feel the same way.

I still don't think, given he had a successful loan spell here less than 12 months ago, it warrants the comment

What a joke

but that's just me.

still not sure i'm keen on selling bent, even though there would be more funds to strengthen elsewhere. i'd prefer we went out and got a few very promising young wingers instead. it would mean PL could chop and change style more effectively, we'd be able to play the current style and switch if it wasn't working to a game that suits bent better and would allow bent and benteke to play together.

• Like 1