January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I reckon we should look to the teams that qualified for the u21 international champs next year and grab a few players from Norway. Their team's hammered France, and should have beaten England twice. Players like Henriksen, Berisha, Wolf Eikrem and Nordtveit are all great midfielders with great ability. They'd all come cheap as most norwegian players do if you don't buy them off lyon. :D

Im sure that's the way we would have gone had we signed Solkjaer as manager, speaking of that, how about Vegard Forren?

yet to see what all the fuss is about regarding him, he is also VERY slow and pretty much in the starting XI for Spurs now under AVB.

wont break the bank as he nearly went to stoke,TH was best player only 2yr ago @ vp v spurs till injury.. slow..i see it as reading the game,you dont have to be 100mph..ask mcgrath.. tom can pass,score, just think we need a play like top to replace petrov then the westwoods of this world will improve

I think Fulham are favourites to signing Forren as he's Hangeland's buddy. Forren+Hangeland have played some extremely good international football together and Forren is a very technically gifted centreback that needs a bruiser beside him.

I think Fulham are favourites to signing Forren as he's Hangeland's buddy. Forren+Hangeland have played some extremely good international football together and Forren is a very technically gifted centreback that needs a bruiser beside him.

Well we have concrete Ron Vlaar...

I saw some bits from Hungary vs Norway yesterday, Forren dominated that Szalai (spelling?) guy who's top scorer in the Bundesliga. I'd like us to buy him but I doubt that we do. He's probably the best player in the Norwegian league atm by a country mile.

I saw some bits from Hungary vs Norway yesterday, Forren dominated that Szalai (spelling?) guy who's top scorer in the Bundesliga. I'd like us to buy him but I doubt that we do. He's probably the best player in the Norwegian league atm by a country mile.

Yeah that sounds about right from what i've seen and heard of him. As his next move will be his first move abroad this is the time to buy him, the next time after that his price will have doubled at least and he'll be out of our reach

Might very well be one or the other, but from what i've seen of Bony (only a few games to be honest) they are not really that similar and might work very well together.

Bony is faster, shorter and has a better touch and technique than Benteke who is equally strong but taller and more of a target man

id heard reports he was a new Drogba but maybe was lazy journalism.

linked with Chelsea in yesterday Mirror for 8 million

Taison? :o He was class when he was at Internacional, got his "big" move to Metalist and has been pretty good for them..... Would I be correct in saying he would be the first Brazilian to play for Villa?? I can't remember us signing a Brazilian? Also Can we just sign him so we can have our own Brazilian Cult Hero? Would be pretty epic! :D

Also He's only 24 so he would have a fair few years ahead of him!!

Obligatory YT Vid (From when he was at Internacional)

I think Arsenal are actually favourites to signing Forren

He'd fit into their side really well

See a lot of people on here talking about selling Bent in January, just curious as to what people see as a good price for him, Ive seen £15m in one post. Am I the only one who thinks that is absolutely nuts for a fee? Only place I could see him ending up is QPR, highly doubtful the Jol wants to take another punt and he has some lovely strikers at the moment & I'd argue most other clubs don't have the money to pay his wages or transfer fee. Don't see Everton having the cash or need. Liverpool seem to be looking at younger players, although I think he would do well there.