January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Frimpong's looked a really dominant midfielder whenever I've seen him - think we would really benefit from him. Robbie Keane seems to be doing well in MLS, being touted as the best player in US apparently - he would probably do well as a back up to Weimann or Gaby; he's always thrived on the big man small man thing so could do well with Benteke. Would take him for three months as an impact sub.

I'd like Bent to stay to have on the bench - for no other reason than if we let him go Gaby, Weimann, and Benteke will inevitably lose form.

hopefully henke will have had time to spy some real young quality outisde the prem that we can get in witout breaking the bank. another 3 or 4 new faces that improve us would be a massive leap forward in terms of squad depth...

I'd love someone like Adel Taarabt, I think PL could keep him on the straight and narrow and there's no doubting that on his day he's an exceptional, exciting player. The only player I've officially seen us linked to is Lewis Holtby from Schalke, which would be a coup. We also need another commanding centre-back to partner Vlaar and a left-back in my eyes. Hopefully PL will have some money to spend, I think he has a very good eye for a player as we've seen so far!

I'd love someone like Adel Taarabt, I think PL could keep him on the straight and narrow and there's no doubting that on his day he's an exceptional, exciting player. The only player I've officially seen us linked to is Lewis Holtby from Schalke, which would be a coup. We also need another commanding centre-back to partner Vlaar and a left-back in my eyes. Hopefully PL will have some money to spend, I think he has a very good eye for a player as we've seen so far!

Taarabt would be like nzog, good player on his day but would need a hell of lot of work

Holtby would be far out of our reach

Marshall is a coach! And also a back up incase the shit really hits the fan with our keepers!

yeah there's no harm keeping marshall around as he's a coach who just happens to be able to be named as a player in case of emergency. he's most likely on far less than any other experienced third choice we could find. it's not a bad system actually, having a young enough (by coaching standards) keeper coach who can be named in the squad

we need an experienced battler in the middle of the park, we have plenty of youth which needs to be balanced out a little

we also need a winger, ideally a left winger/ midfielder, i would bring downing back, im sure liverpoo still owe us a lot of money for him?

as long as we keep given, bent and dunne then i think we would be good for the rest of the season if we add the 2 positions mentioned.

we have a few young players for the left back spot so while it is not our best covered position i think we could keep them in to give them the experience and hopefully grow into it.

we have 2 experienced cb and 2 young ones so that ( ok they seem injured or banned most of the time at the moment)

forwards we have 4

the midfield we have lots of players but no hardman ( unless you count little heard) and no wide player who can constantly get the ball into dangerous areas

right back we have 1 who is clearly first choice and 2 or 3 who can also play there

keeper we have 2 experienced keepers

I hope and think we will be spending biggish money on a seriously quality up-and-coming creative midfielder of Benteke's calibre (yes, I do know Benteke isn't a midfielder). I really think this is the only area where a single player might make a huge difference.

After that a winger would be nice, although we have players who can put a cross in.

Then a LB for extra happiness.

A lot will depend on how many of the unused players we can shift. You'd have to think Given, Dunne, Warnock and Hutton have big "For Sale" signs attached, and considering the wages they're on I think Bent and Ireland might be sold for the right price if we can replace them (but it would be nice to keep them both, obviously).

1 defensive midfielder - I'm not confident with Delph/KEA/Westwood/Herd

1 left back - I'm not confident with Bennet/Lichaj/Stevens/Warnock

1 attacking midfielder - I'm not confident with only Ireland/Bannan/Holman

1 defensive midfielder - I'm not confident with Delph/KEA/Westwood/Herd

1 left back - I'm not confident with Bennet/Lichaj/Stevens/Warnock

1 attacking midfielder - I'm not confident with only Ireland/Bannan/Holman

what about centre back? vlaar/clark/dunne/baker are all fairly crap

In terms of midfielders I wouldn't mind us targeting from the Bundesliga, hoping our new Chief Scout is looking there, some decent midfielders/wingers who would really help us are:

Lewis Holtby (Schalke)- Someone mentioned him before, might be out of our range but if we have money to spend would be great

Zdravko Kuzmanovic (VfB Stuttgart)

Renato Augusto (Bayer Leverkusen)

Aaron Hunt (Werder Bremen)

A few others from other leagues are:

Daniel Carriço CB (Sporting Lisbon)

Dries Mertens Winger (PSV)

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel ST (Sporting Lisbon)

Hope you lot enjoyed my Fball Manager Moment

Aaron Hunt isnt a bad shout. Quality player.

Another one we were linked with in the summer, Yoan Gouffran (Bordeaux) striker/winger, could probably play the role Weimann does right now. He has started the season with Bordeaux very well, scoring something like 9-10 goals already (all comps..)