Ashley Young

maqroll

I was split between him and Kamara for MOTM, as although Dougie had a fine game and was superb for both of our goals (world class for the second), I thought Young and Kamara just looked completely on it throughout the game.

That performance from Young just had a bit of everything. Awareness, physicality, speed, gamesmanship, goal saving clearance, some good attacking play releasing players early, and excellent composure on the ball.

It’s his spot for the rest of the season if he keeps playing like that.

If Hutton is a Villa legend for his career revival in the championship then Young had to be right there with him. This second go around us absolutely magical. He answers the bell wherever he is played. 🗣️One more year!!! 

• Like 2

One or two more years as a player and then KEEP HIM IN THE FOLD. Future youth team coach and the sky is the limit. He is a winner and total pro, we need people like him at Villa, always.

• Like 4

He’s more than made up for any of the bad feeling following his move to Man United, he’s been absolutely brilliant for us. His fitness is crazy and his experience has been invaluable for us. We’re a better team with Youngy in there, whichever position he plays (maybe not GK but you know what I mean).

• Like 1

Absolute legend. His second stint with us has been proper great. He's a fighter, leader and experienced talent. I absolutely have no doubts he can do it for us at least 1-2 more seasons after this one. He's still got it, this is clear as day.

I hope he stays at the club once his days as a player are done too.

• Like 1

We had him at his absolute peak and now he's back at 37, the ultimate professional still able to perform at a top level. The bloke is just class on all levels. 

There's very few players I would class as legends in my time of being a fan but I genuinely think when Young finally retires that he goes down as a Villa legend, if not then definitely very very close. 

Â