Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

A lot of their fans saying they would rather have Gerrard than Schreuder, and they don't seem particularly keen on Gerrard, so must really hate the idea of Schreuder. Schreuder was at the game yesterday and at the players hotel according to the Athletic, so seems that one might have been or is close to happening, but Athletic also asking if fans backlash could make the Leeds board have a rethink.

There was talk that they interviewed Gerrard and McAllister over the weekend, I don't know how true that is, but if Gerrard is a genuine option, and Schreuder is as bad as is being made out then I don't know why they don't just go for someone like Nuno.

Imagine if they got Gerrard, it would be hilarious.  Most of their threat seems to come from wide players like Gnonto, Harrison and Summerville. 

Stevie would have those three straight on the scrap heap to accommodate his ultra narrow system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, useless said:

A lot of their fans saying they would rather have Gerrard than Schreuder, and they don't seem particularly keen on Gerrard, so must really hate the idea of Schreuder. Schreuder was at the game yesterday and at the players hotel according to the Athletic, so seems that one might have been or is close to happening, but Athletic also asking if fans backlash could make the Leeds board have a rethink.

There was talk that they interviewed Gerrard and McAllister over the weekend, I don't know how true that is, but if Gerrard is a genuine option, and Schreuder is as bad as is being made out then I don't know why they don't just go for someone like Nuno.

What's the issue with Schreuder? I don't know anything about him.

I don't know really know, seems he doesn't stay at anyone club for very long, as been sacked quite a few times, and has a reputation for falling out with players. As above might not go ahead with the appointment now because of Leeds fan backlash.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And yet remain one point above relegation even when we were lumbered with Gerrard. 

I repeat they need a decent manager, they work much harder than our bunch of soft lads. We will roll over and have our bellies tickled when we come to play Man U as we do with the top 6. 

I'm not a fan of Leeds at all, but do see who they are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Imagine if they got Gerrard, it would be hilarious.  Most of their threat seems to come from wide players like Gnonto, Harrison and Summerville. 

Stevie would have those three straight on the scrap heap to accommodate his ultra narrow system.

Gerrard won 4 of his first 6 games with us. We were ironically in a very similar situation and he took us away from the relegation zone. In their current predicament they'll take that all day long and worry about the fact he can't coach or improve players in the summer.

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I repeat they need a decent manager, they work much harder than our bunch of soft lads. We will roll over and have our bellies tickled when we come to play Man U as we do with the top 6. 

The Top 6 teams Utd Spurs and Brighton we took 9 points from?

Or the Newcastle Arsenal and Cheety we got 0 points from?

9 from 18 possible points is not too bad.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Need a good manager, for me they have better players than us.

They really, really don't.

Gnonto looks like a great prospect, I suppose Tyler Adams looks alright... I'm struggling outside of that though.

Curious to know who you think is better!

We weren't really in a similar position to Leeds when Gerrard took over, we had had a poor start to the season but it had only been ten games, that wasn't good enough, but was nowhere as bad as Leeds have been, they've been one of the worst teams in the league for a season and a half now, over the last year since Marsch was appointed only Southampton have taken fewer points.

Also we had a better squad then than what Gerrard would have at Leeds, and this time Gerrard wouldn't have Beale, so having as good a start with them as he had with us would be easier said than done.

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They’ve been spanked many times by top 6 teams in the last couple of years. They work hard yeah but they lack ability everywhere on the pitch.  

31 minutes ago, useless said:

I can't think of many, if any Leeds players that would get in our team, probably Gnonto on current form, and McKennie at his best, but beyond that we have better options all over the pitch.

They have character that we are missing, a drive to win at all costs . Players like Ayling might not be  world beaters but their presence on the pitch drives the whole team to fight for each other and the club..

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

They have character that we are missing, a drive to win at all costs . Players like Ayling might not be  world beaters but their presence on the pitch drives the whole team to fight for each other and the club..

Yeah stems from the Bielsa years. He made them put run and run and run annd not only that had an plan. Unfortunately that won’t last much longer. They need to tighten up their awful defence or they might drop. Which is a shame because they’re a team with character. 

What are you talking about, they've been one of the worst teams in the league this season and were one of the worst last season, this so called character isn't doing them much good, and certainly hasn't made them a better team than us.

Both Cash and Young are far superior to Ayling, I think even Leeds fans would admit that, in fact I'm pretty sure of it, as Ayling is one of the players in particular that they don't rate.

We've just lost a couple of games, one of them to Man City, but that doesn't suddenly make us a worse team than Leeds, before that we had been one of best teams in the league since Emery's arrival, we were never going to keep that form up, but that doesn't mean we're lacking in character or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

Yet this character always runs out of steam in the second half…

'They have character that we are missing, a drive to win at all costs'

We've won twice as many games as them this season.

Over the last thirty-eight league games we've taken forty-six points, they've taken thirty-four, again only Southampton have been in worse form than them.

So this so called character and drive not doing them much good, they've won just two of their last nineteen in the league.

• Like 2

Â