Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

What's the point though if there's no behind the scenes footage? All the Leeds documentary was for me was just like the season review DVDs that teams used to release

We know what happened on the pitch...we wanna know what happens off it

Completely agree. I didn’t mind the Spurs one, not a touch on the Sunderland one but that’s due to events.

The Leeds one was a lot harder to get through, as you said it’s a lot more like a Season Review than a “documentary” there is next to no additional insight from watching it. Can imagine the only people who truly enjoyed it were Leeds fans who could relive the season via it.

She claimed leeds got promoted cus of covid. Implying the rest gave us an advantage. So no other club had a rest?

Also leeds had won all 5 prior to lockdown & in fact lost 2:0 at cardiff first game back.

Pundit, no homework. Wonder how much she got paid?

6 minutes ago, woody153 said:

She claimed leeds got promoted cus of covid. Implying the rest gave us an advantage. So no other club had a rest?

Also leeds had won all 5 prior to lockdown & in fact lost 2:0 at cardiff first game back.

I have no issue with Leeds fans disagreeing with what any pundit says. The official club Twitter tweeting what they did with full knowledge of what reaction it would cause is pretty disgraceful though.

It’s another one of those things which if you were to ask me which club would do it Leeds would be in the small bunch of clubs who would spring to mind first (along with our lovely neighbours too).

To be honest the whole attempted banter by a club’s official social media account is pretty embarrassing in itself. I’d rather that was left to the mindless Twitter fans who have nothing better to do than troll other people and other clubs.

The fact that somebody has had to delete their social media account on the back of a throwaway line of punditry is everything that is wrong with social media in one incident.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, woody153 said:

Did she actually say that? 

If a pundit said Covid did us a favour and helped us stay up I think every Villa fan would agree and even Dean Smith said we used the break to our advantage to work on things.

What Karen Carney said about Leeds is no different as has been mentioned before Leeds have blown up many times even before Bielsa.  No need to get all defensive over it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

If a pundit said Covid did us a favour and helped us stay up I think every Villa fan would agree and even Dean Smith said we used the break to our advantage to work on things.

What Karen Carney said about Leeds is no different as has been mentioned before Leeds have blown up many times even before Bielsa.  No need to get all defensive over it.

But the club would have to tweet it and I doubt our fans would send the same derogatory sexist comments to Merson or Souness as Carney probably got

I think the Leeds tweet has encouraged this abuse because they knew what they were doing

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Carney has now had to delete her social media because of abuse, so many idiots online

She should be thanking them for giving her reason to leave that cesspit

14 hours ago, woody153 said:

No she didnt. Watch the clip again. Embarrassingly it's still up on your official Twitter feed. 

2 hours ago, a-k said:

She should be thanking them for giving her reason to leave that cesspit

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

No she didnt. Watch the clip again. Embarrassingly it's still up on your official Twitter feed. 

Yes she most certainly did say that. "I actually think they got promoted cus of covid".

How more exact do you need?

She mentioned first how we run a lot / out run teams.

If others have sent nasty tweets then that is wrong but most don't know how she was done for a racist tweet as an England player.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2842913/Karen-Carney-banned-month-telling-opponent-f-Spain-FA-document-reveals.html

Telling a Spain player to f off home back in 2014.

Edited by woody153

You said that she was saying leeds got an advantage. Where did she say that? 

11 minutes ago, woody153 said:

If others have sent nasty tweets then that is wrong but most don't know how she was done for a racist tweet as an England player.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2842913/Karen-Carney-banned-month-telling-opponent-f-Spain-FA-document-reveals.html

Not great but what's the relevancy? 

12 minutes ago, woody153 said:

Yes she most certainly did say that. "I actually think they got promoted cus of covid".

mm well she didnt send a racist tweet but it happened during a game but 2 wrongs doesnt make a right even though that seems to be a bit of a Leeds attitude. Bamford and Ayling candive but Grealish is the worst diver since sliced bread

FWIW she gave an opinion that is widely held in the football world since Bielsa teams dont finish the season very well, its actually a rare piece of punditry with research. Nobody knows if she was right or wrong because it never happened

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, woody153 said:

It wasn’t a racist and it wasn’t a Tweet it was a comment in a game for which she was punished, harshly if you ask me.

I don’t though she the relevance of this to the abuse she has received for doing her job and offering her opinion? Are you saying it’s justified because half her actions previously, or that she can’t complain given her past actions? If not what is your point because otherwise I’m struggling why this is relevant.

The behaviour of some Leeds fans has been disgusting and totally unwarranted and is indefensible but you appear to be offering this up as some sort of mitigation like a school kid getting told off saying “but he did x to y”. There is no justification for the abuse she has received, no mitigation and personally I think the actions of the club media team are to blame and the club was wrong to defend them.

• Like 1

Â