Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

all the commentators today needed an anvil dropped on their heads. just brown nosing a team as they lose 3-0 

I do agree with your point, but equally this game doesn't matter for us, we'd won 3 of our last 4 beforehand and losing to Spurs, a team that should be expected to beat us is irrelevant.

We gave away some shite goals though 

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I do agree with your point, but equally this game doesn't matter for us, we'd won 3 of our last 4 beforehand and losing to Spurs, a team that should be expected to beat us is irrelevant.

We gave away some shite goals though 

Seems a lot of criticism online for your goalkeeper, has impressed me in the limited games ive seen him

Just now, Zatman said:

Seems a lot of criticism online for your goalkeeper, has impressed me in the limited games ive seen him

He was shit today tbf.

1st and 3rd goals were all his doing, then he goes and make some sublime saves at 3-0 too. Hes young enough that it's forgivable right now.

• Like 2

Another glorious heavy defeat. 

Why can't more managers get on board with the joy of letting the opposition score oodles of goals? What's wrong with them? 

19 hours ago, woody153 said:

She claimed leeds got promoted cus of covid. Implying the rest gave us an advantage. So no other club had a rest?

Also leeds had won all 5 prior to lockdown & in fact lost 2:0 at cardiff first game back.

Pundit, no homework. Wonder how much she got paid?

Is that right? I didn't know that.  Well in that case..... 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

This isn't the first time the kid in goal has had a stinker. It might be age but I am starting to suspect he might just be one of those keepers who has an uncomfortable ratio of bad games to good.

He's got a mistake in his locker and I'm not unconvinced by him on set plays but they also asked for him plenty in build up so that sort of error is inevitable.

Alternative is Kiko Casilla and he was awful for them in championship.

2 hours ago, roonst83 said:

“This Leeds team just will not lay down will they”

Glenn Hoddle • 88th minute losing 3-0 to Spurs.

FML

Such a brave brave brave brave team.

First team in history to keep running about when the game is lost and to keep trying to score a goal when losing.

Breaking the mold

Edited by rodders0223

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Such a brave brave brave brave team.

First team in history to keep running about when the game is lost and to keep trying to score a goal when losing.

Breaking the mold

In all fairness, it's a hell of a lot better than whatever the hell West Brom are doing.

32 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

That penalty for spurs.... surely the original contact was outside the box, even if the player fell down in it?

Bit of a weird one, it looked like the ball and attacker (mainly) were in the box but the defender was just outside.  I'm not sure what the rules are in that case, I assume it counts as a penalty in the laws but **** knows when VAR get involved.  Probably toss of a coin.

• Thanks 1

I actually thought the initial challenge was outside the box, but then Alioski’s trailing leg catches the Spurs player inside the box just afterwards.

They’re two separate points of contact so I think the penalty is correct, but incredibly marginal. 

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

They're clearly a decent team but also absolutely nothing special. Their fans and most of the media refuse to believe that though. 

FWIW, they’re currently 4th in the league for shots/game and shots on target/game, 3rd for possession and 2nd for tackles. That’s pretty good going for any side, let alone a newly promoted one. 

Ultimately, though, they’re just conceding far too many goals. 

Â