Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup, I'm fairly certain we would have been relegated were it not for the Covid break, we had nothing going for us. And Leeds and Bielsa has a habit of running out of steam. 

Careful, they might do a half-arsed "hilarious" tweet about you and then pretend it isn't their fault when the toxic fans they definitely didn't know are their Twitter audience abuse you.

• Haha 2

Just now, ChrisVillan said:

Careful, they might do a half-arsed "hilarious" tweet about you and then pretend it isn't their fault when the toxic fans they definitely didn't know are their Twitter audience abuse you.

Thankfully I don't have a private twitter account and the one we had for our old football site has been dormant for a decade :D 

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Thankfully I don't have a private twitter account and the one we had for our old football site has been dormant for a decade :D 

Probably like the Leeds one up until a few years ago. 

12 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

It’s disgusting. The comments people have made on the replies to that tweet are equally terrible, they would have to known what reaction it would provoke. One wonders if they would have done it if were a male...

It's a bit of a small-time tweet but the social media guy obviously knows his audience because their fans are lapping it up.

Undoubtedly, and unsurprisingly, some of the comments are sexist but I think it's a huge stretch to say the original post had anything at all to do with the fact the pundit is a woman.

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Ah you're one of those types that thinks he's racist simply because he criticises Pogba. 

Do you think José is racist for calling out Alli? 

No.

I'm thinking more along the lines of when he says things like cheating/diving is "very Latin" or that Juventus must have sold Moise Kean to Everton because he has an attitude problem despite not knowing anything about the lad to give you a couple of recent examples.

Don't recall Mr. Stelling having anything to say about either comment.

• Like 1

We won’t know if Leeds will run out of steam until mid Feb if there’s no Break.

most PL players are peak fitness so Leeds do not have some superhuman ability to outrun the opposition all season unless they’re doping. 

my guess is they’ll punch above their weights and finish 11-13th. They’ve spend a good chunk (not as much as us in first season but not far off). 

we finished 17th, pretty sure they’ll finish higher than that. 

• Like 1

I think they'll be competing with the likes of Palace, Newcastle, Burnley and West Ham, in lower half of the table just above the relegation zone, which is a good achievment in their first season back

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

The issue isn't the club twitter, the issue is backwards twitter fans.

Agreed. But as @tom_avfcalluded to, Clubs know they have a proportion of backwards twitter fans, so giving those numpties an open invitation to fill the official twitter account with abuse is not perhaps a smart move.

It is fair to respond to opinion about your (any) club with disagreement or counter argument. It's not remotely fair or decent to abuse the person who voices a different opinion personally.

Leeds have come out of this looking incredibly small time and petty. You can't defend this saying "but but we also attacked Gabby so can't be sexist"  The difference he is a professional troll and asking for it, she just gave an opinion (that actually a lot of people share).

Even in the two seasons before Bielsa arrived Leeds had been faded=ng in the second half seasons, under Monk they were in the top six all season and then only won two of their last ten games and finished seventh, and then the season before that under Thomas Christiansen/Heckingbottom they were in the play off places at Christmas, but then only won four more games all season and ended up finishing thirteenth. I don't agree that they wouldn't have been promoted without the break, but hardly the most outrageous of things to think that it might have helped them.

• Like 1

They wouldn’t have responded if they didn’t know she was bang on.

Whether it would have affected their promotion chances or not we’ll never know but they definitely would have been more burnt out for those final ten or so games, as would other sides to be fair so maybe it all just balances out ultimately.

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm not arsed if Leeds run out of steam but I wish their **** fans would..

Holy shit, what a bunch of dickheads the ones on Twitter are.

You can't go to any football related tweet without seeing one of them acting a fool. It's exhausting.

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Only need to see my thread, to witness that. Get involved 👍🏼

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

If she had said “The Covid break might have actually been a benefit for them” there would be no backlash. It’s the claim that they might have only been promoted because of Covid which has caused offence.  

She worded it wrong as do most pundits, they aren't the most eloquent. They tend to get their wires crossed. 

35 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Seen loads about us being hypocrits for not putting the ball out etc. The same ones whinging about the hawkeye failure. I don't dignify them with responses, but dear god it's exhausting reading the drivel from that lot

Â