Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm not arsed if Leeds run out of steam but I wish their **** fans would..

Holy shit, what a bunch of dickheads the ones on Twitter are.

I was reading the comments section in The Guardian last week and some Leeds fan went on a rant about Grealish being a diver. This article wasnt about Villa or Leeds, I think it was about a Chelsea cup game

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Seen loads about us being hypocrits for not putting the ball out etc. The same ones whinging about the hawkeye failure. I don't dignify them with responses, but dear god it's exhausting reading the drivel from that lot

It amazes me how they cant understand that the difference is Klich/Alioski pretended they were going to put the ball out and used the subsequent pause to play someone in.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It amazes me how they cant understand that the difference is Klich/Alioski pretended they were going to put the ball out and used the subsequent pause to play someone in.

Klich scored and got the heat but it was the Roberts prick who caused the issue by pretending to kick it out

53 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I really had one of them arguing with me on twitter that he didn't pretend to put the ball out. Just a normal everyday pass, nothing to see here. It was under a completely unrelated tweet of course. They just can't let it go. It's been 2 years. We were the ones who were wronged too that's the funny part :lol:

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Plus (twice in the last 5 pages) we kicked it out for them earlier on. That's the most important bit and literally nobody remembers it. Even the Amazon Prime doc didnt mention it.

That Amazon documentary is a joke. Doesn't go into any detail or genuine behind the scenes things like the other ones do and is basically just one giant fap over Leeds. They also don't mention what happens in the play offs after Leeds go out, not even a sentence, it just stops. 

51 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

That Amazon documentary is a joke. Doesn't go into any detail or genuine behind the scenes things like the other ones do and is basically just one giant fap over Leeds. They also don't mention what happens in the play offs after Leeds go out, not even a sentence, it just stops. 

Because unlike the all or nothing series, it was produced by Leeds United. Just about sums them up. Their self importance is off the scales. 

They revel in being arseholes. What with the Jimmy Saville nonsense. Unlike Millwall though people actually don't give a shit about them.

They are desperate for any kind of attention. The last 20 years they have all but been forgotten.

Maybe with a bit of success and their football they will actually seek the validation they desperately require and can stop being antagonistic arseholes.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They revel in being arseholes. What with the Jimmy Saville nonsense. Unlike Millwall though people actually don't give a shit about them.

They are desperate for any kind of attention. The last 20 years they have all but been forgotten.

Maybe with a bit of success and their football they will actually seek the validation they desperately require and can stop being antagonistic arseholes.

I think that's a big part of it. Think that's why they hated us so much when we got relegated. We were the biggest team in the championship, Grealish was talked about constantly. We had players like Terry and Abraham. 

Imagine being so desperate to have attention that you're happy being the words removed of the league  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think that's a big part of it. Think that's why they hated us so much when we got relegated. We were the biggest team in the championship, Grealish was talked about constantly. We had players like Terry and Abraham. 

Imagine being so desperate to have attention that you're happy being the words removed of the league  

They’ve always been like that though. They thrived off the “dirty” Leeds tag

I tried to remember anything about them after their relegation all those years ago and the best I could come up with was Beckford scoring to beat utd 1-0 in the fa cup about 10 years ago :lol:

They're lucky they've got a decent manager to raise their profile because let's be honest, Sheff Utd are probably the most successful of teh Yorkshire clubs in the last 20 years.

• Like 2

There is a couple of old VICE articles by Leeds fan Ben Machell on Leeds that are quite interesting and possibly help understand why some Leeds fans are the way they are.

They are from 2014/15 so obviously things have changed a bit but reading them you almost feel for them. Or think it's hilarious. It's mostly about Leeds before and under previous owner Cellino.

Britain's Most Dysfunctional Football Team Has the Owner It Deserves

I have this friend who has absolutely no interest in football but who will still, every now and then, make a point of asking me how Leeds United are getting on. For a long time I thought he was just being nice, politely indulging me the way you would a mate who was passionate about live action role-playing, or breeding lizards, or whatever. I always found his interest kind of touching, so when he asked I might, for example, tell him about how we’d just gone into administration, or how we’d just been relegated to the third division with a -15 point penalty, or how we’d lost all our best players to Norwich, or how we’d just sold our own stadium and training ground, or how we’d got knocked out of the FA Cup by a village team, or how one of our fans just ran onto the pitch and chinned the Sheffield Wednesday keeper to a chorus of chants celebrating the life of Jimmy Savile. Everyone likes to imagine that their team is somehow special, but the cool thing about being a Leeds fan is that you absolutely know this is true. We’re special in the same way a 300lb 14-year-old who can’t do his own laces is “special”. We are, by some distance, the most dysfunctional football club in Britain, and my friend has always encouraged me to talk about it.

Only, I recently realised that the only reason he does this is because he just finds it all absolutely hilarious...

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jm9xb3/leeds-united-fc-massimo-cellino-chairman-ben-machell-921

https://www.vice.com/en/article/78yqm4/how-it-feels-to-root-for-britains-most-dysfunctional-soccer-team

https://www.vice.com/en/article/kw9paw/massimo-cellino-is-turning-out-to-be-too-weird-even-for-leeds-united-ben-machell-909

He also has a amazing one on Steve Bruce and one on Phil Jones that is worth reading.

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I'll take that over the Eastenders joke that the Spurs one became.

'Let's fkn...(lisps inaudibly)go out there and win... boys!!'

Cameras weren't allowed in the changing rooms, as it should be. We don't have a manager desperate to get some TV time.

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Cameras weren't allowed in the changing rooms, as it should be. We don't have a manager desperate to get some TV time.

I agree they shouldnt be allowed in the changing rooms but I am not a fan of these documentaries myself. I think if you know about the club then you can tell what is real and what is fake. The Sunderland was enjoyable but was a lot of information missing out to make it more dramatic

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

Would you have preferred it to be more Emmerdale/Last of the Summer Wine? 

• Haha 3

On 31/12/2020 at 10:58, Rino8 said:

What's the point though if there's no behind the scenes footage? All the Leeds documentary was for me was just like the season review DVDs that teams used to release

We know what happened on the pitch...we wanna know what happens off it

• Like 2

Â