Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

This.

Listening to the match commentary when these play is making me dislike them more and more with each game - along with their horrible fan base (but that goes without saying ;))

But that aside, they are competing well, their matches are definitely entertaining to watch - but for all the attacking intent to their play, and they are really decent in this aspect - if I was a supporter I would be questioning why a manager of the calibre of Bielsa does not have a plan B when they are getting tonked by the better teams (conceding 6 at Man U, 4 at Liverpool, 4 at Palace, 4 v Leicester, 3 at Spurs) or why he chooses not to change things? Surely a world class manager would do this?

What rick and morty wut GIF on GIFER - by Doukasa

7 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

This.

Listening to the match commentary when these play is making me dislike them more and more with each game - along with their horrible fan base (but that goes without saying ;))

But that aside, they are competing well, their matches are definitely entertaining to watch - but for all the attacking intent to their play, and they are really decent in this aspect - if I was a supporter I would be questioning why a manager of the calibre of Bielsa does not have a plan B when they are getting tonked by the better teams (conceding 6 at Man U, 4 at Liverpool, 4 at Palace, 4 v Leicester, 3 at Spurs) or why he chooses not to change things? Surely a world class manager would do this?

yep if Bielsa was on the ball he should have a centre half in the door already, yes its newly promoted Leeds but this is the greatest manager in the world so players should be jumping to sign for him

10 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

This.

Yes, I kind of think this as well. In the analysis after the United game, it was all 'well, that's just Bielsa isn't it, we know he won't change, but that's what makes him a genius as well', and it just doesn't seem like genius to me. It seems like stubbornness.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

yep if Bielsa was on the ball he should have a centre half in the door already, yes its newly promoted Leeds but this is the greatest manager in the world so players should be jumping to sign for him

They signed a good one in the summer who's played regularly for Spain in last few years but he seems to be their Martin Laursen, don't think he's played a game yet as was injured when he turned up and stayed injured.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I don't understand the comparison. 

They play very similar style with no emphasis on defence. Blackpool got 55 goals which is probably a record for a relegated team but conceded nearly 80. Maybe Ian Holloway should have got a bucket and a translator

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They play very similar style with no emphasis on defence. Blackpool got 55 goals which is probably a record for a relegated team but conceded nearly 80. Maybe Ian Holloway should have got a bucket and a translator

I still find it hard to see the comparison. Think there styles are totally different. Couldn't really play that high energy full of running game with a Charlie Adam in the side. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I still find it hard to see the comparison. Think there styles are totally different. Couldn't really play that high energy full of running game with a Charlie Adam in the side. 

well Blackpool didnt have the money or squad of Leeds but had a fast paced game with Adam as playmaker in teh Phillips role

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Not even half a season and he's dethroned Pirlo as the default reference for deep playmakers. Some boy

well Pirlo replaced Eirik Bakke in that position so these things easily change 😛 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Not even half a season and he's dethroned Pirlo as the default reference for deep playmakers. Some boy

To be fair, it would be sacrilege to compare Kalvin Phillips to Pirlo.

Edited by Greenfly
Wrong player
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Tongue in cheek no doubt.

He's a good player, as are Jordan Henderson and Declan Rice who are fairly similar. They do the kind of job that doesn't get a lot of praise from some, and are effective at it, but none of those 3 are remotely as good as Pirlo was.

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

Tongue in cheek no doubt.

He's a good player, as are Jordan Henderson and Declan Rice who are fairly similar. They do the kind of job that doesn't get a lot of praise from some, and are effective at it, but none of those 3 are remotely as good as Pirlo was.

Yep, most teams need a dog 🐕 in their side.  Scrapping for ball or picking it up off the centre backs and spraying a 30 yard ball out wide to a full back under no pressure - basically what Phillips does. He does that because he hasn't the ability to beat 2 or 3 men. Or score goals. Or create (m)any goals. 

Also a bit tongue in cheek.

He's decent - But if I had the choice of him or Luiz I would choose the latter all day long.

As for Pirlo, without turning full on Ray Wilkins "my word, what a player"  ⚽🔥

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Yep, most teams need a dog 🐕 in their side.  Scrapping for ball or picking it up off the centre backs and spraying a 30 yard ball out wide to a full back under no pressure - basically what Phillips does. He does that because he hasn't the ability to beat 2 or 3 men. Or score goals. Or create (m)any goals. 

Also a bit tongue in cheek.

He's decent - But if I had the choice of him or Luiz I would choose the latter all day long.

As for Pirlo, without turning full on Ray Wilkins "my word, what a player"  ⚽🔥

I think Luiz has more upside to his game. Philips might get a big move but i think he will struggle and end up at  West Ham or Newcastle level which isnt too bad

• Like 1

Â