Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

With Phillips gone raphina all but gone with a side that for the most part last season I thought were pathetic especially when Phillips wasn’t there I really am surprised that people think this has been a good window for them. I think it looks disastrous for them 

26 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

With Phillips gone raphina all but gone with a side that for the most part last season I thought were pathetic especially when Phillips wasn’t there I really am surprised that people think this has been a good window for them. I think it looks disastrous for them 

They seem to be replacing them with £10-20 million players from Austria, Belgium etc. As we've found out, players absolutely tearing apart those leagues often struggle in the PL. They must be 3/4 favourites for the drop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

They seem to be replacing them with £10-20 million players from Austria, Belgium etc. As we've found out, players absolutely tearing apart those leagues often struggle in the PL. They must be 3/4 favourites for the drop.

I think they could be in massive trouble. This could end up with us when we signed all those french players. Good players but as a unit it just didnt work at all

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they could be in massive trouble. This could end up with us when we signed all those french players. Good players but as a unit it just didnt work at all

I hope so.  Leeds getting 17 points or less would be absolutely delightful.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Very different player profiles mind.

These are internationals with Europa/Champions League experience. It's obviously a gamble but it's not the same thing.

I think we can come out of this an overall stronger team. Phillips was hugely important to us but not because he was the best DM in world football, it was because we had nobody who could do anything like his job and under Bielsa it was the most important role in the team, when he was out we were crap. At this point we're probably better selling so we can improve.

Obviously I'd have rather he stayed but what can you do

21 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

These are internationals with Europa/Champions League experience. It's obviously a gamble but it's not the same thing.

How much of an impact do you think playing in the Europa/Champions League has on a player compared to the coaching etc that they go through?

CL/EL experience seems to be a massively overstated plus point.  I reckon it has barely any relevance to a players' performance (even if they all want to play in those competitions).

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How much of an impact do you think playing in the Europa/Champions League has on a player compared to the coaching etc that they go through?

CL/EL experience seems to be a massively overstated plus point.  I reckon it has barely any relevance to a players' performance (even if they all want to play in those competitions).

Yeah you're right, but comparing the players you signed in the past to this isn't the same.

Aaronson was laying off the opener against Bayern Munich in the CL in February. I don't so much think the experience is what's valuable but these are players that have competed well at that level already so there's at least a foundation there to believe the step up won't overwhelm them.

The season we went down we had signed Ayew, Amavi, Adama, Veretout, and Gueye, Leeds will be doing well if the players they sign have the careers that those players have had and are having.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I think we can come out of this an overall stronger team. Phillips was hugely important to us but not because he was the best DM in world football, it was because we had nobody who could do anything like his job and under Bielsa it was the most important role in the team, when he was out we were crap. At this point we're probably better selling so we can improve.

Obviously I'd have rather he stayed but what can you do

Amavi, gana veretout were highly rated players and some actually had played in europe. It might not happen but i think its a massive ask for one of them to do what phillips did for you. Same for raphina. We all said the same when we sold grealish and we signed some high profile players and found it extremely difficult in periods of the season

We were in the gutter when we signed those players, rotten from top to bottom, I bet even our cleaning lady did a half assed job of it, doesn't matter who managed us or who we signed we were going down and it was the old English "pros" who did it not our new signings who the media wanted to label as inexperienced not good enough and too foreign 

I think Leeds have some rumblings over their ownership but nothing like the shite we had

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Gueye and Ayew had been playing in the CL and international football before joining us, too.

Let's hope the parallels continue. 

Richards and Lescott too :P  

If Grealish had have written the goodbye letter that Phillips has supposedly written, he would have been lambasted for it with people telling him that he should just keep his mouth shut and not saying anything blah blah, and in a way I would have agreed with them as just comes across as an empty PR move.

29 minutes ago, useless said:

If Grealish had have written the goodbye letter that Phillips has supposedly written, he would have been lambasted for it with people telling him that he should just keep his mouth shut and not saying anything blah blah, and in a way I would have agreed with them as just comes across as an empty PR move.

Yeah fans were angry, no matter what grealish said some would have had a issue with it. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah fans were angry, no matter what grealish said some would have had a issue with it. 

To be fair, he stuck to his word when he signed a new contract and said he saw the project and wanted to stay cos he believed in it. Demanding a release clause was obviously an accident by him.

Ted Lasso got a huge job on his hands getting all these new players to click.

Will either go spectacularly well and they finish top 8 or they go down.

I can't see any middle ground.

Â