• Bannan
    • Bent
    • Holman
    • Weimann
    • Westwood (for Ireland 70)
    • Benteke (for Weimann 70)
    • N'Zogbia (for Holman 78)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:22fd8478d4][mrow][mcol color=#8c333c:22fd8478d4]Aston Villa[mcol]2-0[mcol color=white:22fd8478d4]Swansea

[row][col color=#8c333c:22fd8478d4]Lowton 16[col][col color=white:22fd8478d4]

[row][col color=#8c333c:22fd8478d4]Benteke 87[col][col color=white:22fd8478d4]

[/table]

Get in!

Great result. Great all round performance.

Still attacking after we go one up, showed some creativity and much more attacking intent and a debut goal for Benteke. Missed a few chances but at least we created them to miss.

Love it. Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue **** Army.

Excellent - I can enjoy watching Villa again! Really impressed with the pressing; we didn't allow Swansea to play how they like to. They were still dangerous at times, but generally Ciaran & Concrete did well to prevent them from getting close to the goal, and when they did Guzan was always up to the task.

Benteke looked impressive when he came on and linked up well with Bent. Good passing from the team and great determination.

Thank you, Paul Lambert!

Who the hell do you give MOTM to in that game?

Guzan - Absolutely rock solid once again, made a couple of key saves and came out to claim every ball.

Lowton - Great goal, looked solid all game. Gaining confidence every game.

Vlaar - Concrete is the word, but can actually take people on as well. Great first performance as captain.

Clark - Solid at the back, dangerous from set pieces.

Lichaj - Looked good coming forward, needs to work on final product a bit more.

Holman - Incredible workrate. Still needs to work on his passing and final product but gaves 110% the whole game.

Ireland - Worked hard in midfield, not everything went his way but made some great tackles.

KEA - Probably his quietest game so far, but he isn't our sole route of attack any more.

Bannan - Less of the Hollywood passes, looked more dangerous in general.

Bent - Got more involved than usual. Looked great in the link-up with Benteke.

Weimann - Got a couple of good chances in, but needs to slow down and think a bit more when he gets the ball.

Westwood - Didn't see a lot of him.

Benteke - Excellent in holding up the ball, missed a couple of good chances but more than made up for it with the goal. Looked sharp and always seemed to find space. Seems like an outstanding piece of business.

Zog - Same old, really. Seems to get along with Benteke though, so hopefully he can have a positive influence on him.

as a work in progress it's going well ... still giving the ball a way a bit cheap in midfield at times but it's nice stuff to watch

The cloned version of Guzan still continues to impress , lets hope the aliens don't bring back the real one .. looks so full of confidence at present

Clark and Vlaar starting to take shape .. Vlaar reminds me of a slightly more skilful version of Melberg ..ok make that a lot more skilful :-)

Bent worked hard again , not really getting any chances though ... part of me thinks that Benteke and Gabby will end up being the better partnership in the long term

work rate 100% from everyone ... good stuff

Villa stop being good you make it so hard to choose a man of the match when everyone deserves it lol..

Such a great performance, I think overall we created so many chances and could have won it 4-0 but the promising thing is that we created 17 shooting chances and 11 were on target. Yes we only converted 2 but sometimes that happens. The promising thing is, is that we actually created chances and will hopefully continue to do that every game.

My man of the match is Lowton, he was great today..

Honorable mentions have to go to Vlaar, Clark, El Ahmadi, Ireland, Holman and Benteke.. Hell even then I know I'm missing out players like Bannan, Lichaj, Weimann and Bent that all had their moments as well.

Great performance.

Great result. Everyone worked their socks off today. Guzan looks impressive, can't believe we were going to let him go. Holman did a great job of closing down stopping them playing their game, still needs to improve on the ball a bit but the positives massively outweigh the odd bit of sloppy play.

Benteke looks to be some buy. Reads the game well as shown with the goal but looked very impressive with the ball at his feet and with his back to goal. Should have got 2 today really but can't fault what I saw always in good positions. Looks like a great partner to get the best out of Bent.

Â