Media and punditry

BOF

Really enjoying a lot of The Athletic's podcasts. The Villa one isn't great, I remain unconvinced by Gregg Evans to say anything interesting editorially, he seems to be an interviews guy first and foremost but some of the other stuff they do is top notch. Ornstein & Chapman appears to be the flagship show, and rightly so as it's fantastic. It's a general news show with a lot of inside info and a refreshing change of pace from the twattishness of Robbie Savage and co. Really recommend listening to this week's episode about Manchester City vs FFP if you've not heard it yet. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Really enjoying a lot of The Athletic's podcasts. The Villa one isn't great, I remain unconvinced by Gregg Evans to say anything interesting editorially, he seems to be an interviews guy first and foremost but some of the other stuff they do is top notch. 

He's crap.

Him being THE Villa guy for them is one of the reasons I haven't got past the free trial for the Athletic. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Sky reporting the Chelsea v Bayern result as a "rout"

A 3 nil defeat is not a rout. 

I watched the end of the Barcelona game last night on BT sprots then after FT they started saying how Chelsea were demolished getting their biggest ever home loss in Europe, I thought it was gonna be something like 6-0 when they finally got to the score.

3-0 was a bit underwhelming.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I watched the end of the Barcelona game last night on BT sprots then after FT they started saying how Chelsea were demolished getting their biggest ever home loss in Europe, I thought it was gonna be something like 6-0 when they finally got to the score.

3-0 was a bit underwhelming.

Exactly, on the sky app the headline originally was " Chelsea slump to Bayern rout"

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sne said:

What if it had ended 0-4? :D 

Fwiw the Bayern performance was absolutely dominant. 0-3 is extremely flattering to Chelsea who were wide open.

Nah, not even. 'Rout' is very strong language. Definitely 6, probably 5, definitely not 3 or 4.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Villa will be hoping to carve out one more chance for Samatta, who's not on the pitch anymore.

IIRC that was Martin Tyler who said it as Keinan Davis received the ball ?

Lovely bloke - met him loads of times at VP during my days as a corporate hospitality door man, proper luvvie......but i think it might be time for him to retire.

• Like 1

Stuart Pearce gets paid for expert analysis like these gems from he's commentary tonight for talkshite 

"Derby need to score to get back into the game

"On balance derby have been the better side but United have just shaded it"

"Ighalo isn't that sort of natural finisher, but give him half a chance and hes a player that scores"

And the amount of times he says "In and around"

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Haha 1

Â