Media and punditry

BOF

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Cashley Cole on the England game. Wow. Guy struggled to say England were winning 

He wasn't good, but I've never seen him do anything like this before, so I'm prepared to give him a pass or two at the beginning of his punditing career. Most people don't do things brilliantly the first time they try them (of course, maybe he's done loads of this stuff before and I've just missed it, in which case, yeah he was shit). 

Edited by HanoiVillan

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He wasn't good, but I've never seen him do anything like this before, so I'm prepared to give him a pass or two at the beginning of his punditing career. Most people don't do things brilliantly the first time they try them (of course, maybe he's done loads of this stuff before and I've just missed it, in which case, yeah he was shit). 

True I’ve never seen him before so it may have been first time nerves. You’d just expect someone with all the media training available to him would be better.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

True I’ve never seen him before so it may have been first time nerves. You’d just expect someone with all the media training available to him would be better.

I've seen him on Sky's The Debate before and he wasn't too bad. Must have been nerves.

Paul Scholes criticizing Freddy Ljungberg for his clothes during his debut as Arsenal manager saying it is a lack of respect and pride to not wear a suit and tie. (Focusing on the important things)

Fwiw this is what Ljungberg wore and next to it is what Scholes wore when he made his debut as manager for Oldham in February

Bildresultat för ljungberg arsenalbfd1d39b-5f1b-4e89-b51e-f4f762a922cb?fit=crop&h=732&q=50&w=1100&s=e716dca3fdb7892ff12b3c399eeb993af6015970

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

Mentioned it on OT as well, but Amazon are redefining what sports broadcasting can look like. they've had this shit in the US for years, but they're really showing just how much Sky, BT and the PL have held progress back.

This is what watching sports can be like in the 21st Century, and it's fantastic. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jim said:

The picture in 4k HDR on Amazon is just stunning. Showing SKY and BT how it’s done! 

Love having the option to turn off the commentary and just listen to the fans as well.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Love having the option to turn off the commentary and just listen to the fans as well.

You could do that on the Sky red button about 20 years ago. Was in amongst Fanzone and you could also watch the match from different angles, loved it when they introduced that.

BTW was in a pub on Saturday and noticed Dion Dublin was on Soccer Saturday. Have Sky signed him full time now? Always felt Dion was underused by the BBC a bit.

Just now, VillaChris said:

You could do that on the Sky red button about 20 years ago. Was in amongst Fanzone and you could also watch the match from different angles, loved it when they introduced that.

Yeah the Beeb used to do it when they showed internationals/FA cup games as well, but both of them removed it years ago. I much prefer just listening to the fans and immersing myself in the game without some tedious bellend trying to tell me what to think.

• Like 1

I signed up for amazon free 30 day trial. It’s very seamless, can switch between games easily. Think with the advent of Disney plus they could really focus on broadcasting sport as their niche  and take it over from sky. 

Edited by mikeyp102

Â