Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree; I'd far rather Richards, who at least looks like it's a pleasure to be there and like he enjoys watching football, than some bitter miseryguts moaning on like he's got the worst job in the world the way Souness and especially Lawrenson do.

Any pundit who does the exasperated sigh when asked “so why are things not quite working here for [big club level at the break]” needs to be sacked on the spot. Be interested in the game you boring ****.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Any pundit who does the exasperated sigh when asked “so why are things not quite working here for [big club level at the break]” needs to be sacked on the spot. Be interested in the game you boring ****.

It's a job that millions of people would die for! Literally paid to watch football and talk about it! Paid a good amount of money as well!

The nerve to then huff and moan and talk about it like it's all a massive chore, honestly.

• Like 3

I don't know about micah richards...the more I see him the more I think he's a giddy, over-the-top enthusiastic bloke.

Yes, different to the likes of Keane and Sourness but perhaps Richards' arsing around at villa (yes I know he was injured a bit) clouds my opinion ?

• Like 1

I want both, good insights and a love of the game. I dont really like it when pundits start to play into their own caricatures.

"I am the grumpy bloke" "I am the laughing bloke"

Its just cheap. Give me football insights on the game and help me enjoy watching it. I dont care about the stupid little catch phrases and inside jokes.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Did anyone watch the pre match build up today? Why on earth did they have the pundits walking around the Etihad pitch? Looked like the outtakes from a Westlife video :lol:

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Someone like Liam Rosenoir or Joby Mcanuff would be brilliant for prem league TV coverage 

They have not played for the filthy 6 so wont be on SKY for big games

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's there own material on MOtD, but sometimes when for example they say "why did he not not thread it through instead of passing it back, so lazy". When  you can see in real time, he would have been closed down and not have been able to make the pass. I see it so many times, thinking, that pass is not even there. It's also so easy looking from the camera above at the positioning, than actually being there on the pitch.

On 06/03/2022 at 13:33, a m ole said:

I listen to a Villa podcast where the guy always sounds like he wants to be doing anything but. He even at times says he'd rather not talk about Villa. Weird.

That OTT laugh in Keane's face was pretty obnoxious. I find Micah's analysis to be not particularly illuminating and his histrionics off putting. I'd take a grumpy Souness with better insight every time. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I listen to a Villa podcast where the guy always sounds like he wants to be doing anything but. He even at times says he'd rather not talk about Villa. Weird.

Which one is that?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Which one is that?

Claret and blue podcast. Dan Rolinson who I like. I enjoy the podcast. But he has a slightly defeatist vibe...which may be why I like him lol. 

Garth Crooks thinks Eddie Howe should be a contender for manager of the year

How has this idiot still got a job? He's part of the problem, once the likes of Bruce have finally been gotten rid of its time to start on the pundits, it like none of them can be retired 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How has this idiot still got a job? He's part of the problem, once the likes of Bruce have finally been gotten rid of its time to start on the pundits, it like none of them can be retired 

I'd pay for a Brucie, Garth and Micah podcast, has the potential to be the funniest thing ever.

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

A bit much, but he's doing a very good job, which is obviously enhanced by how poorly Bruce did.

If the season started when Howe took over, Newcastle would be 9th, below us on goal difference, with 23 points from 15 games. They'd be a point above West Ham. Before he came in they looked dead and buried with 5 points from 11 games. Getting Newcastle in the top half from the start of the season would have been a good accomplishment, but turning things around when morale must have been absolutely rock bottom is pretty impressive.

And yeah, they spent some cash, but look at their business. Guimaraes was the big signing and he's hardly played, Trippier has made 4 appearances before being injured, leaving them with Targett on Loan, Chris Wood who hasn't scored, and Joe Willock. 

With the state of the club he walked into, and the players he's had at his disposal, I'm impressed.

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'd pay for a Brucie, Garth and Micah podcast, has the potential to be the funniest thing ever.

De Bruyne needs to pull his socks up if he wants to improve as a footballer and City probably should be playing more full backs

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

Claret and blue podcast. Dan Rolinson who I like. I enjoy the podcast. But he has a slightly defeatist vibe...which may be why I like him lol. 

You mean Matt Kendrick? He isn't great. 

Â