Media and punditry

BOF

31 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just trying to watch some soccer AM on sky for the first time in ages, it's a shadow of its former self, it's a bag of shit to be honest, dumped it. Took an offer for a sky package during lockdown when tons of games were being broadcast, was a bargain and that's fine but in the past year or so sky has gone into the hypocritical pits and I will not be renewing it unless it's dirt cheap,. probably won't even then. Scumbags 

It's horrendous to be honest lately, viewing figures are just those waiting for Soccer Saturday to start, an even then it's probably just in the back ground while making brekkie.

As harsh as it sounds I have a big hatred for 'Tubes'. I mean who the F**** is he, and how has he got that gig interviewing players, must be giving out happy endings to the top boys at Sky or something.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's horrendous to be honest lately, viewing figures are just those waiting for Soccer Saturday to start, an even then it's probably just in the back ground while making brekkie.

As harsh as it sounds I have a big hatred for 'Tubes'. I mean who the F**** is he, and how has he got that gig interviewing players, must be giving out happy endings to the top boys at Sky or something.

Yeah the tubes novelty wore off,.funny at first but not now, just flicked.back over and the guests are AJ McCoy and Mo Farah, thing to get other markets to watch? Money orientated scum organisation. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

🥴

He'll be like Le Tissier by the end of the year.

Hypocritical Twaat of the highest order, hits and likes, thumbs up etc Will say anything on either side of any argument with one agenda, himself and ManU. Utter scumbag.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hypocritical Twaat of the highest order, hits and likes, thumbs up etc Will say anything on either side of any argument with one agenda, himself and ManU. Utter scumbag.

Unless it was Solksjaer in charge of the government.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

What like his one week tirade against the top 6 because they were going to leave Sky?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

He was like, relegate them to the championship, fine them millions and then lost his voice.

people used to assume he was some guru because he would review games 2 days after they happened but then it copped on he wasnt as his live commentary was shit and then his failure at Valencia which made Sherwood look competent

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

people used to assume he was some guru because he would review games 2 days after they happened but then it copped on he wasnt as his live commentary was shit and then his failure at Valencia which made Sherwood look competent

Good RB, thats it.

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he comes across like he's purposefully putting himself in to the seat of his listeners and thats what he thinks they are, stupid

ITV do the same for england games 

This is exactly it, and I don't understand why. People in this country have an absurd level of knowledge about the contractual situations of football players, far beyond any logical amount that people should care about it. They don't need to talk down to the audience, they are on a station called TalkSport, the only people who are watching/listening are people who understand this stuff already. Just ask Jordan to give his - very clear - explanation of the shifting power dynamics that led to the transfer once, and then move on to talking about whether or not Burnley will be able to cope without him and whether or not he will be a success at Newcastle, which is what people actually want to talk about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Simon Jordan speaks really well, I wish I was as confident a communicator.

Don’t always agree with his content per se but you cannot knock his delivery.

If it makes you feel better I did read it in his voice especially the per se part 😉

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is exactly it, and I don't understand why. People in this country have an absurd level of knowledge about the contractual situations of football players, far beyond any logical amount that people should care about it. They don't need to talk down to the audience, they are on a station called TalkSport, the only people who are watching/listening are people who understand this stuff already. Just ask Jordan to give his - very clear - explanation of the shifting power dynamics that led to the transfer once, and then move on to talking about whether or not Burnley will be able to cope without him and whether or not he will be a success at Newcastle, which is what people actually want to talk about.

I would argue football fans are more informed on stuff like this than most of the "experts" . I would rather listen to Barry down the pub talk about how to organise a football club than Redknapp or Richards, probably knows more about tactics as well

• Like 1

Â