Ashley Westwood

Nabby

its not a witch hunt on AW but the seasons hes has played he is clearly out of his depth in the Premier League & hes no better in the championship

cast your mind back to barry/petrov/milner/downing/ & how they made a difference in the middle & won games with a winning mentality 

AW wont get any better than he is,he is what he is & thats the deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Was everywhere tonight. Not everything he did came off, but he worked his socks off and along with Adomah was at the heart of everything positive we did.

Comparing his performance to adomahs is ridiculous. 

He ran around a lot. 

• Like 1

At times his pressing was excellent

i think along with the criticism of gabby fans can't or won't look past their dislike of him and watch what he's doing, Brighton were nothing special and I think westwoods work rate was part of that, still pretty poor on the ball but Bruce obviously put him in there with a plan and Westwood stuck to it

Be interested if he starts next week....

I sense SB has realised starting him in home games is a bit of a negative move for the fans so is keeping him fresh for the away games where we'll have to sit in a bit more.

He's started all our away games recently but been on the bench for Fulham and Blackburn so think there's something in that theory.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, commander said:

Played like a lost little girl (again). Not good enough, too weak. His yellow card summed him up

Did you watch the game, or just paid someone to mime it for you?

• Like 1