Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Westwood is Villa's worst player.

Worse than Kiraly and Pires? - No, they were loans.

Worse than Didier Six? - No, outside of the PL era.

Worse than Enckleman? - Not counting goalkeepers

Worse than Habib Beye? - well...worst British Villa player.

Worse than Marlon Harewood? - talking about midfielders....

Gavin McCann? - Oh **** off will ya!

• Like 4

Westwood was bad today, this is why he frustrates me at times, he is fairly steady in the premier league but he does throw in these types of performances. To be honest it's unfair to single him out today as there are many players that really do need to take a look at themselves.

Love him or hate him, his basic error today cost us the win.

Shouldn't put the ref in a position to blow the whistle, especially when the Wycombe player had his back to goal. Another stupid defensive error from one of the more senior players.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Well hardly.

The statement was 'Worst IN OUR HISTORY with 50+ appearances'

That's still a huge statement considering we're 100+ years old. I questioned that. Stand by my PoV that's it's hyperbole. 

Hardly the love-in or defense some would think.

I have no idea how you feel about Westwood, and whatever your opinion, it is perfectly valid.

I was just pointing out the complete quote, which does modify the meaning.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I'm annoyed because you called me out for defending him, and made a jibe at me when I said 'he was woeful' and 'he hasn't been good enough for a long time'

You made a jibe based on nothing.

I didn't get offended. I called that statement hyperbole. Still do. I got offended when you said something to me that had nothing to do with my comment, based on previous posting.

And your edit tag? Absolutely pathetic. Grow up.

Alright mate, I genuinely have no idea why you're getting so angry/serious. 

• Like 3

Westwood is one of those players who's as good as the players around him. Put him the Arsenal team and I think he'd do alright (caution, I know some might disagree). But put him a poor team and he doesn't have the ability to lift those around him, to an higher standard. 

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Westwood is one of those players who's as good as the players around him. Put him the Arsenal team and I think he'd do alright (caution, I know some might disagree). But put him a poor team and he doesn't have the ability to lift those around him, to an higher standard. 

Yes I agree with this, I think he has good technical ability but physically not so much. He'd probably do wonders in La Liga tbh.

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm annoyed because you called me out for defending him, and made a jibe at me when I said 'he was woeful' and 'he hasn't been good enough for a long time'

You made a jibe based on nothing.

I didn't get offended. I called that statement hyperbole. Still do. I got offended when you said something to me that had nothing to do with my comment, based on previous posting.

And your edit tag? Absolutely pathetic. Grow up.

And you moan about fantasy 'personal attacks'. The irony....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

but their is a reason he is in a shit Villa team for 4 years and not Arsenal or anywhere near top half side

4 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Yes I agree with this, I think he has good technical ability but physically not so much. He'd probably do wonders in La Liga tbh.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

We are still talking about the Ashley Westwood who plays for us, right?

• Like 3

I'm not saying they should sign, they can easily attract and afford better players. I was just trying to say that I think he's one these players who's as good as those around. For example I think if you put someone like Carrick in our team, he'd look pretty poor too. 

• Like 1