Ashley Westwood

Nabby

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes he was woeful today. yes he hasn't been nearly good enough for a long time now.

However, worst player in our history? 'Was probably out of his depth at L2 level when we bought him' are examples of needless hyperbole and ridiculous overreactions. 

We're already shite, there's no need to go massively over the top.

Stefan in defending Westwood shocker. 

Come on mate, his best time was under Lambert when he first got his transfer to the Premier League - probably wanting to make a mark and prove himself. He tried his best, but now that period is long over, he isn't good enough.

Just now, Swerbs said:

He may not be good enough but he's far from "our worst player ever".

To be fair Gestede is worse than him, but Westy has been here much longer than him

3 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Stefan in defending Westwood shocker. 

Come on mate, his best time was under Lambert when he first got his transfer to the Premier League - probably wanting to make a mark and prove himself. He tried his best, but now that period is long over, he isn't good enough.

How am I defending him ffs.

I'm totally done with this site. I SAID he was woeful today. I SAID THAT HE HASN'T BEEN GOOD ENOUGH FOR A LONG TIME. RIGHT THERE IN WRITING. READ IT. Love in? I said he was woeful. READ THE **** COMMENTS BEFORE ATTACKING ME.

Fed up of people reading what they want to read instead of what's actually written. **** fed up of it. Villa are depressing enough without people giving me shit for things I haven't even said.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

Why, cause they dont agree with your love-in with Westwood. He is shit,

Alot of your comments are 'hyperbole' and 'ridiculous', but we dont feel the need to tell you this as this is your opinion to which you are entitled.

Get over yourself

Yes because 'he was woeful today' and 'he hasn't been good enough for a long time' is a 'love-in'?

Because I dared to question the notion that 'worst player in our history, all 100+ years of it' is hyperbole? Because I dared to question that he wasn't out of his depth at L2 when he signed with us (because he clearly wasn't)

Read what people write instead of having a pop. Fed up of it.

• Like 2

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

How am I defending him ffs.

I'm totally done with this site. I SAID he was woeful today. I SAID THAT HE HASN'T BEEN GOOD ENOUGH FOR A LONG TIME. RIGHT THERE IN WRITING. READ IT. Love in? I said he was woeful. READ THE **** COMMENTS BEFORE ATTACKING ME.

Fed up of people reading what they want to read instead of what's actually written. **** fed up of it. Villa are depressing enough without people giving me shit for things I haven't even said.

Relax yourself pal. He has been woeful all season, he needs to move on, the comment made about him being our worst player ever was in fact "our worst player with over 50 appearances" i.e. worst player who has continually be allowed to play. I don't know I agree but I think he is one of our worst players in our current squad, which is a shame because I thought he had potential, but sadly he hasn't fulfilled that potential. Maybe he would in a different team, maybe he'll do okay after leaving us, but right now he isn't good enough (a lot of players aren't) and should be moved on. 

Just now, samjp26 said:

Relax yourself pal. He has been woeful all season, he needs to move on, the comment made about him being our worst player ever was in fact "our worst player with over 50 appearances" i.e. worst player who has continually be allowed to play. I don't know I agree but I think he is one of our worst players in our current squad, which is a shame because I thought he had potential, but sadly he hasn't fulfilled that potential. Maybe he would in a different team, maybe he'll do okay after leaving us, but right now he isn't good enough (a lot of players aren't) and should be moved on. 

No 'pal'

I won't relax myself. You make an attack at me based on absolutely **** nothing and I will tell you what I think. What you've said there has zero relevance to what I said. ZERO. All I said was that 'he's our worst player in our history (100+ years) is hyperbole. I didn't defend him. I even called him woeful.

I didn't **** defend him in the slightest. You took your opportunity to take a dig and congratulations.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes because 'he was woeful today' and 'he hasn't been good enough for a long time' is a 'love-in'?

Because I dared to question the notion that 'worst player in our history, all 100+ years of it' is hyperbole? Because I dared to question that he wasn't out of his depth at L2 when he signed with us (because he clearly wasn't)

To be fair, in terms of reading what people write instead of having a pop, he didn't just say entire history.

11 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

He may not be good enough but he's far from "our worst player ever".

Lets see if you get the level of personal attacks I did. When that is pretty much all I said.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

To be fair, in terms of reading what people write instead of having a pop, he didn't just say entire history.

Well, he did. Adding some arbitrary amount of appearances doesn't change the comment.

AND EVEN THEN, is disputing that comment, while also calling him woeful and not good enough for a long time, defending him?

Really?

Edited by StefanAVFC

Whether or not anyone can settle the purely subjective matter of whether Westwood is the worst player in (insert time frame), I think @StefanAVFC has said more than enough to demonstrate he's not blindly sticking up for Westwood.

He's clearly called him out for being woeful.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

So you quoting peoples comments and calling it 'hyperbole' and ridiculous and 'over the top' is not a pop at those posters?

Anyone that challenges you becomes a 'Personal attack'. Will probably get warning points or banned, but i dont care. Double standards.

You very clearly stated that I had a love-in with Westwood, while quoting a post that said, word for word 

'He was woeful today' 'He hasn't been nearly good enough for a long time'

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

There is a big difference between `worst in our history' and `worst player with 50+ appearances', which was what was said.

Well hardly.

The statement was 'Worst IN OUR HISTORY with 50+ appearances'

That's still a huge statement considering we're 100+ years old. I questioned that. Stand by my PoV that's it's hyperbole. 

Hardly the love-in or defense some would think.

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

So you quoting peoples comments and calling it 'hyperbole' and ridiculous and 'over the top' is not a pop at those posters?

Anyone that challenges you becomes a 'Personal attack'. Will probably get warning points or banned, but i dont care. Double standards.

I had a warning for commenting that the defending of westwood from him and a mole was embarrassing, It was. 

Westwood is shit and is a key component of why we have been shit for the past 4 years.

• Like 1

A real shame that the player hasn't fulfilled the potential he showed when he first came to the club.

At times he has looked good but more often than not he has looked ineffectual.

If we're going to move forward next season then we'll surely be needing some new players in midfield that offer different attributes to the current players (like Westwood) that are getting lots of game time but not convincing.

Anyway we're all Villa fans at the end of the day (well most of us) so let's all try and get on. UTV

Edited by Brumstopdogs