Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I think we'd comfortably sell Westwood for £4-5m as a a squad player for the bottom half of the prem or the top half of the championship

I don't think he's that bad a player, he's just in no way shape or form the key player that we as a club are asking him to be

If he was our 4th choice central midfielder the. I don't think any of us would care, but he's not, he's first choice and its criminal

no chance. 2 million at best. Which team would he walk into? No way someone pays 5 million for a squad player 

Man City and Liverpool are without question much bigger and better.

Everton are better than us but aren't bigger at all IMO.

This issue with our midfield though seems to be that we only replaced one of Delph & Cleverley. We really needed some Premier League experience in there.

It's nothing personal against Westwood, I just don't think he's good enough. 

I'm hoping that Sherwood leaves him out against Swansea and, if playing his normal 4-3-3 formation, picks Gana and Sanchez with  Gil to play the role behind the striker. 

If fit, I'd play this team today and for future games also, just to see if we can get some consistency from them:

----------------------Guzan-------------------

Crespo----Richards--Clark---Amavi 

--------------Sanchez---Gana--------------

Traore--------------Gil---------------Ayew/Grealish 

---------------------Gestede------------------

It's odd with Westwood. Sherwood didn't fancy him at the start, you could see that with the early selections and him left on the bench. There was talk of him being sold aswell.

Then he had a good month of form around the Liverpool semi, got the new deal and now he's an unmovable object in the team. He is struggling without Wealth in there.

Think it's time he was taken out, let's have a look at Sanchez-Gueye-Veretout as the three.

And btw I can't believe how a top level management team can watch game after game, floated corner after floated corner leading to nothing and yet every game Westwood takes most of the corners.

It rarely worked when Benteke was here, it never works now despite us having people like Richards and Lescott who have scored a fair few from whipped in corners over the years.

Get Westwood off set pieces. Like him or not, that's something Big Sam would've been all over if he was our manager.

No coincidence we still lost, didn't look better in midfield and were undone again by the same offenders. Westwood is not the reason we are shite.

you watch the same game? Bacuna and Gana were heaps better than Westwood. Tim cost us playing a couple of clowns again.

• Like 1

No coincidence we still lost, didn't look better in midfield and were undone again by the same offenders. Westwood is not the reason we are shite.

you watch the same game? Bacuna and Gana were heaps better than Westwood. Tim cost us playing a couple of clowns again.

They drove into attacking areas more, yes. is that better? We had a lot less cover in the middle on the break. that's tactical though.

We've lost games when Westwood plays due to clowns too. Doesn't mean he's responsible.

• Like 1

They drove into attacking areas more, yes. is that better? We had a lot less cover in the middle on the break. that's tactical though.

We've lost games when Westwood plays due to clowns too. Doesn't mean he's responsible.

pretty obvious this.