Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Westwood seems the type of players that needs to have these stats thrown out because it's very rare people can give actual examples of his good moments. 

You didn't need stats to see how good delph and benteke were. Westwood needs to be dropped, I'd genuinely be interested to see how we play without him for a run of games. I truly believe we'd be better off.

• Like 2

no way Westwood is creating 2 goalscoring chances a game, his over hit crosses that Gestede or Richards are stretching to reach is what is getting him these stats

He is probably the worst corner taker in top 2 divisions in England

And we sign our players based on stats :(

no way Westwood is creating 2 goalscoring chances a game, his over hit crosses that Gestede or Richards are stretching to reach is what is getting him these stats

So you think we don't watch the players actually playing, but just sit in the office poring through stats and basing our transfers on that?

So you think we don't watch the players actually playing, but just sit in the office poring through stats and basing our transfers on that?

No, however that is basically Almstadts job then we go and have a look at them however I think the actual watching the players part is something we fall short on. I don't think we watch enough of the players, apparently Swansea have been known to watch players extensivley for 2 years! Given some of the shit we have signed I doubt our scouting is actually that extensive. I would imagine the scouting is half arsed just like everything else at the club.

I don't think that is accurate. It's often reported that our scouts are in attendence at matches across Europe. Some targets are maybe flagged based on whatever statistical formula is employed but I'm sure that the scouting department then watches a sufficient sample of games to confirm.

I don't think that is accurate. It's often reported that our scouts are in attendence at matches across Europe. Some targets are maybe flagged based on whatever statistical formula is employed but I'm sure that the scouting department then watches a sufficient sample of games to confirm.

Im not convinced, everything else at the club is done on the cheap

We are definitely employing some sort of pre scouting stats strategy (dare I say the football manager database) based on the types of players we've signed since Lambert took over. Players like Helenius, Okore and Bacuna as well as the current transfers were all highly thought off across Europe for example.

Maybe we don't watch the players enough, maybe we do, who knows?  Realistically though employing the transfer policy that we have been is always going to be hit and miss but more so when you have a 2 inexperienced managers developing them.

Westwood seems the type of players that needs to have these stats thrown out because it's very rare people can give actual examples of his good moments. 

You didn't need stats to see how good delph and benteke were. Westwood needs to be dropped, I'd genuinely be interested to see how we play without him for a run of games. I truly believe we'd be better off.

How many of our players have had 'good moments' this season? There's certainly been moments where he's done impressive things but is anyone really going to go back through 15-16 hours of footage to pick them out? that's silly. stats are easily accessible. Unless you count good moments as scoring a goal, but they don't come that often for a deep lying midfielder in a poor side.

You watch all 44 teams with enough regularity to know that do you? :)

well since I see better set-pieces in my local park I would hope 43 other teams are able to employ a player who can take a proper corner

Barry **** Bannan takes better corners

Zatman.

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2015/10/17/chelsea-vs-aston-villa-highlights-full-match/#4

Watch the corner you keep talking about again, 27:40 in on 2nd Half highlights (72mins). Gestede runs towards the ball. HOW is that over hit? It was an intentional move to allow Gestede to lose his marker.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, you're so sure about what you saw, but you misjudged it. Probably because you have preconceived notions about him as a player.

Edited by a m ole

17 key passes?

How many assists , apart from corners which don't really count, has he got.

These key passes, do they include corners?

They do, yes, which inflates it even more. The issue here is that in order to make it quantifiable, the statistical definition of a chance is far looser than common definition.

Edited by Isa

17 key passes?

How many assists , apart from corners which don't really count, has he got.

These key passes, do they include corners?

They do, yes, which inflates it even more. The issue here is that in order to make it quantifiable, the statistical criteria definition of a chance is far looser than common definition.

Payet 7 chances created from 56 corners, Westwood 7 chances created from 30 corners

their must be a key pass from play stat?

I imagine Westwood will be on maximum of about 1

we've already established you have a wild imagination.

I dont know how I should react to such cutting personal criticism

• Like 1

their must be a key pass from play stat?

I imagine Westwood will be on maximum of about 1

we've already established you have a wild imagination.

I dont know how I should react to such cutting personal criticism

go on whoscored.com and find some facts to prove me wrong.