Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He is a modern day Mark Kinsella at the moment, offers nothing in either end of the pitch. Id rather Veretout, Sanchez or even Gardner to get a game ahead of him at the moment

He is no better than having Lee Cattermole or Jack Colback in your midfield. shit midfielders at this level

Agree on your first point.

Disagree on your second point, they are solid (not great, just solid), would much rather have either in DCM instead of Westwood. 

Edited by commander

Guess who's number 1 in the league for accurate crosses?

Guess who's picked in the team to play defensive centre midfield. Guess what is not a ket part of playing Defensive Centre Midfield

Funny how all those sideways passes create more chances than anybody else in the team.

Maybe the rest of them should try it?

He is picked to play defensive midfield. The key part of this position is tracking opposition attacking players and protecting the defence. 

Because he's obviously the biggest problem in our club, agreed

He's one of them. We will never do well when the person picked to play defensive midfield does not play defensive midfield.  He's been picked to protect not create. He doesn't offer any protection, and he very rarely creates. If you remove those nonsense corners where would he be in the 'crossing' list?

Edited by commander

No he didn't. Gil took most of them. 

We had 4 corners and Gil took at least 3 of them. If not all of them. 

I saw 2 from Westwood

the one he hit over Gestede head(an accurate cross), Gil was going to take and Westwood stormed over and him and Grealish looked at each other like WTF.

Why all the fuss over Westwood? Just drop him.

He had a poor game v Chelsea and we have Veretout and Sanchez available. So leave him out of the side, fine, but I don't really see the need to paint him as this appalling player who is singlehandedly holding the entire club back. At worst he's a very useful squad player on lowish wages.

• Like 4

Like Guzan, I'm genuinely looking forward to the day Westwood is no where near the starting 11. 

Agree with this. Westwood is one of the key problems in the team.

There will be such a huge difference if this guy was dropped. Sack of poop.

There really wouldn't be a huge difference.

In fact, unless it was one of the one in 10 weeks where Sanchez plays well, the difference would be negative.

If we signed someone to take Westwood's place who was a much better midfielder, then fair enough the improvement might be significant. but as it stands there's nobody significantly better in the squad. Sanchez is too inconsistent and Veretout has yet to show he's any better than what we've got (although I'm encouraged by his potential)

I'd say I'd rather half the team were replaced before I'd consider Westwood. 

He's far from being a major problem in our team. 

massively disagree. Would love to see how we play with him out of it. He's one of the few players in the starting side in the last few years. Seen enough. Rather Gary Gardner or Veretout have a run if he's fit

He's been way off it in most games over the past month and probably deserves to be dropped imo. My only problem with how he is being played is that he shouldn't be played so deep and in the first 4 games of the season he was playing more advanced and was having good games and having a big influence on games. Ever since the Leicester game where he played in midfield 2 he has looked like he is struggling in most games. He needs to play infront of proper defensive midfielder to get the best out of him.