Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I want Westwood to take all our corners (I hate how Bannan puts back spin on his crosses, Benteke can never divert them on target) whereas i remember Westwood took one corner against Reading, he put front spin on the ball then boom straight off Benteke's head...3points in the bag.

• Like 1

maybe he cant divert them as he has a header like a 50 pence piece. He has replaced Cuellar in that respect

Yeah i said the exact same thing after the bradford game, but he seems to score headers for belgium and used to score plenty for Genk so...

I suppose his bean/egg shaped head doesn't do him any favours really :P

Edited by Daniel1Avfc

Very nice neat player, played well today. Unfortunately for him, we don't have time for him to ease in to the league and have a quiet 15-20 mins every so often, he's too important.

Needs to get a bit stronger, and if not, nastier.

Their first came from him weakly having a bit of a prod at Odemwingie two or three times in the middle of the park before losing him and they broke forward. He could have stopped him there and then with a bit more desire but he was too hesitant and soft.

Is it just me or is he not THAT good. Yeah okay, he's sometimes looked decent when compared to the other lot, but it's not too hard when most around you aren't even good enough to play for a special school.

Or maybe he really needs a good DCM next to him? If so, then it must have been overlooked in Lambert's so-called 'thirty page dossier'.

Is it just me or is he not THAT good. Yeah okay, he's sometimes looked decent when compared to the other lot, but it's not too hard when most around you aren't even good enough to play for a special school.

Or maybe he really needs a good DCM next to him? If so, then it must have been overlooked in Lambert's so-called 'thirty page dossier'.

He's playing alongside Bannan, can't be easy doing 2 peoples work.

He's young and in an ideal world wouldn't be anywhere near a starting 11. I see some promise but with all the frustrations it is difficult not to point fingers. 

I think even Iniesta would struggle to play well with the Imp alongside him

Rubbish Again.

Pathetic 5 yard pass to Lowton that just rolled out of play. Unable to perform the basics. 

He had over 90% pass completion yesterday. He misplaced 3 passes all game. (Only 3 players (Santon, Vlaar and Perch) completed a higher percentage)

I think you might just have picked out the anomaly rather than the norm there, mate.

• Like 1

I thought he was pretty solid yesterday. Didn't do a lot but I don't think he ever will, he just keeps things simple and keeps the ball moving. Unfortunately we have two similar players doing the same job and it doesn't work really. (Bannan&Westwood),

The formation in the first half did him and Bannan no favours at all. They both looked lost.

Edited by PieFacE