Ashley Westwood

Nabby

• 3 weeks later...

Still a fan of the lad - but in recent games I've wanted him to have a bit more bite, against West Ham I thought he was a little guilty of bottling it in challenges. Needs to get stuck in a bit more.

Very harsh considering he had been ill all week.

Think he still made his fair share of interceptions and tackles. At least players don't just run through him like they do with Bannan and he doesn't wildly lunge in like Delph.

His defensive side of the ball is a lot like his passing. Calm, collected, and unhurried.

Rubbish Again.

Pathetic 5 yard pass to Lowton that just rolled out of play. Unable to perform the basics. 

He had over 90% pass completion yesterday. He misplaced 3 passes all game. (Only 3 players (Santon, Vlaar and Perch) completed a higher percentage)

I think you might just have picked out the anomaly rather than the norm there, mate.

Wrong. He's awful and offers nothing. Same as that idiot in goal, he pushed one of the shots round the post instead of catching it. Don't get me started on Benteke, did you see him try to turn on the edge of their box and get tackled? Pathetic, useless, awful. All of them. Get them out.

Rubbish Again.

Pathetic 5 yard pass to Lowton that just rolled out of play. Unable to perform the basics. 

He had over 90% pass completion yesterday. He misplaced 3 passes all game. (Only 3 players (Santon, Vlaar and Perch) completed a higher percentage)

I think you might just have picked out the anomaly rather than the norm there, mate.

Wrong. He's awful and offers nothing. Same as that idiot in goal, he pushed one of the shots round the post instead of catching it. Don't get me started on Benteke, did you see him try to turn on the edge of their box and get tackled? Pathetic, useless, awful. All of them. Get them out.

Ridiculous post.

I assume you have some concrete evidence to support the argument that I am wrong and that Westwood is indeed a quality player and a class act as stated on here?

Steveo, the problem with pass completion stats is that it doesnt tell you where the person is passing! Do you have any evidence that Westwood is in fact offering the team more than just a high pass completion in a game we were soundly beaten in?

You see a 90% pass completion in a 2-1 defeat tells me that a lot of those passes weren't worthwhile other than to keep possession. Keeping possession is of course important but again, hardly worth the accolades this lad is receiving.

Keeping possession is of course important but again, hardly worth the accolades this lad is receiving.

If you have 11 players who can do it you'll rarely lose a football match

Yep, totally agree, thats why its so frustrating that we are always unable to do it as a team. It is after all a 'basic' of football principles and for a professional football team its appalling we can not perform it.

Just having 11 players keeping possession though, you will rarely win a football match either.

Edited by Woodytom

Keeping possession is of course important but again, hardly worth the accolades this lad is receiving.

Yep, totally agree, thats why its so frustrating that we are always unable to do it as a team. It is after all a 'basic' of football principles and for a professional football team its appalling we can not perform it.

Just having 11 players keeping possession though, you will rarely win a football match either.

if you keep the ball you'll win more than you draw through tiring the other team out

if you keep the ball you'll win more than you draw through tiring the other team out

Is this the concrete evidence that Ashley Westwood is indeed a class act?  ;)

Still a fan of the lad - but in recent games I've wanted him to have a bit more bite, against West Ham I thought he was a little guilty of bottling it in challenges. Needs to get stuck in a bit more.

Very harsh considering he had been ill all week.

I don't really see how that is very harsh!?

Don't you just love our fickle fans. Not even played a complete season and being written off.

Who has written him off?

At the same time you could argue that our fickle fans as you call them, are stating that he is a class player yet hes not even played a complete season.

This is true as Barcalona show but you also have to consider that it is a lot easier to keep the ball playing in the role Westwood does than playing in the position someone like N'Zogbia does.

Opposition teams are often quite content to let us keep the ball and pass it around at the back if we are offering no threat to their goal.

• Like 1

Rubbish Again.

Ridiculous post.

I assume you have some concrete evidence to support the argument that I am wrong and that Westwood is indeed a quality player and a class act as stated on here?

Was your sarcasm detector broken?

Rubbish Again.

He had over 90% pass completion yesterday. He misplaced 3 passes all game. (Only 3 players (Santon, Vlaar and Perch) completed a higher percentage)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Rubbish Again.

Ridiculous post.

Was your sarcasm detector broken?

No, hence my reply.