Ashley Westwood

Nabby

9 hours ago, Woodytom said:

It's not that he's become shit, he always was shit. More that the ppl saying he was important to us in the premier league were talking utter bollocks.

he was important to us getting relegated

• Like 2

Thanks for the effort over the last 5 years Westy, you always had a good attitude and gave it in every game...

...but I never want to see you start another game for this club again.

• Like 1

On 17. September 2016 at 16:26, PieFacE said:

And Westwood should be cover for the CM position. Not sure what your point is? 

My point is

Years of Bad Squad management.

Westwood is not good enough for PL or Ch

5 years traing and wages wasted on someone not good enough

• Like 2

heh, Shrek Rooney is turning into Westwood...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/full-horror-wayne-rooneys-performance-8863925

Until you see these numbers, you won't fully understand just HOW bad Rooney was in Man United's defeat to Watford...there was a very good reason Rooney was the chief target of internet mockery following the Red Devils' latest setback. It was because he was almost UNBELIEVABLY bad.

:D

Edited by blandy
no extract
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Also he has to be one of the lamest finishers ive seen

This thread has gone from being the Ashley Westwood thread to a thread where people come to write ridiculously over the top "criticisms" of Ashley Westwood. It's like Pokemon or something, isn't it. Just a fashion trend, surely? I mean he got  a couple of decent goals against Southampton and a belter against West Brom away - so why the lame finisher thing? I can get that he's a not a good tackler, or header of the ball, say, fair enough. But he's far from the lamest finisher.

Anyway, in keeping with the recent tenet of this thread I think that frankly it's a disgrace the way Ashley Westwood causes roadworks on the M6, and he was simply over-run when Celebrity Cake-off went to Channel 4. As for his so called partnership with Jeremy Corbyn, well, he's a disaster, and I expect him to be deselected at the next election. I dunno how anyone can defend him. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't rate him exactly but I think he's underrated on here in the sense that he's made out to be the worst player ever when he really isn't,

He isn't the worst player ever. 

He is the worst player in the team currently. By some distance IMO. I think he's rubbish. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He isn't the worst player ever. 

He is the worst player in the team currently. By some distance IMO. I think he's rubbish. 

Really? The worst player in the team by some distance? I just don't know how you could come to that conclusion. He's not even the worst midfielder.

• Like 1

He is the worst player I have ever had the misfortune to have to watch over 100 times. I know that much.

It was against Rotherham where I thought he wasn't actually that bad of a football, he was dictating the game, sharp passing, neat touches and turns in the middle. I thought that he might actually boss this league. I have been brought down to earth subsequently.

1. Westwood has gone back to his usual nothingness play against better opposition.

2. Even Blackburn beat Rotherham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

This thread has gone from being the Ashley Westwood thread to a thread where people come to write ridiculously over the top "criticisms" of Ashley Westwood. It's like Pokemon or something, isn't it. Just a fashion trend, surely? I mean he got  a couple of decent goals against Southampton and a belter against West Brom away - so why the lame finisher thing? I can get that he's a not a good tackler, or header of the ball, say, fair enough. But he's far from the lamest finisher.

Anyway, in keeping with the recent tenet of this thread I think that frankly it's a disgrace the way Ashley Westwood causes roadworks on the M6, and he was simply over-run when Celebrity Cake-off went to Channel 4. As for his so called partnership with Jeremy Corbyn, well, he's a disaster, and I expect him to be deselected at the next election. I dunno how anyone can defend him. 

Pete have you seen his shots? He hardly either gets a shot on target always wide. Sure I appreciate he isnt there mainly to score goals, but if Jedinak is the defensive enforcer, you would like to think the other cm would chip in with a few assists or goals now again! Westwood has done none of that yet this season or last year.

i personally don't see what he offers us

i do admit though the M6 part of your post made me laugh !

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Pete have you seen his shots? He hardly either gets a shot on target always wide. Sure I appreciate he isnt there mainly to score goals, but if Jedinak is the defensive enforcer, you would like to think the other cm would chip in with a few assists or goals now again!

Our central midfield (Westwood, Gardner, Tshibola and Jedinak) have managed 1 shot on target this season*.  I think they all play as "defensive" players which is wrong and has either been coached into them or Di Matteo wants them to be that way.  Certainly, I think Westwood should play higher up the pitch than he does.

* - yes, it was Westwood.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Our central midfield (Westwood, Gardner, Tshibola and Jedinak) have managed 1 shot on target this season*.  I think they all play as "defensive" players which is wrong and has either been coached into them or Di Matteo wants them to be that way.  Certainly, I think Westwood should play higher up the pitch than he does.

* - yes, it was Westwood.

And Westwood has played more games than Tish and Jedinak combined so I don't think that's a fair assessment