Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, blandy said:

This thread has gone from being the Ashley Westwood thread to a thread where people come to write ridiculously over the top "criticisms" of Ashley Westwood. It's like Pokemon or something, isn't it. Just a fashion trend, surely? I mean he got  a couple of decent goals against Southampton and a belter against West Brom away - so why the lame finisher thing? I can get that he's a not a good tackler, or header of the ball, say, fair enough. But he's far from the lamest finisher.

Anyway, in keeping with the recent tenet of this thread I think that frankly it's a disgrace the way Ashley Westwood causes roadworks on the M6, and he was simply over-run when Celebrity Cake-off went to Channel 4. As for his so called partnership with Jeremy Corbyn, well, he's a disaster, and I expect him to be deselected at the next election. I dunno how anyone can defend him. 

I know that a few of us have had the same view on Westwood pretty much since he arrived. I don't think it's a case of over the top criticism I think it's a case that there is no balance to the debate anymore as it seems the people who did praise him (in a ridiculous way btw) have finally realised they were talking garbage.

Everyone knows our midfield is the weak link and has been for sometime. Everyone knows he has been at the forefront of the midfield for said time. 

There really isn't any coincidence.

• Like 3

On 18/09/2016 at 08:51, mwj said:

Thanks for the effort over the last 5 years Westy, you always had a good attitude and gave it in every game...

...but I never want to see you start another game for this club again.

Might want to steer clear of Sky Sports on Saturday 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He isn't the worst player ever. 

He is the worst player in the team currently. By some distance IMO. I think he's rubbish. 

Not even close to being the worst player in the team

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He isn't the worst player ever. 

He is the worst player in the team currently. By some distance IMO. I think he's rubbish. 

This is where many people's ideas will differ, i don't believe that he is the worst player in our XI, but everyone has a right to their own thought. 

I haven't seen enough of him this season to form an opinion. I suspect neither have a lot of others.

The games I have seen him in he's been fine. Not spectacular but tidy and accurate helping us keep possession. He perhaps doesn't suit the championship style game as much as the premier league, where it seems there's more zonal marking and allows players like Westwood the space to pick out passes. In the championship it seems there's more man marking and players are closed down quicker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's been dropped? I'd say there's not an awful lot between them though. 

Oh come on. Gardner is has most of Westwood's weaknesses but none of his strengths.

Edited by Mantis

Westwood just brings nothing but bang average. He's got nothing that stands him out in a game. He just glides peacefully through a match and then you wonder if he played when it's over. 

Having said that, now that he's seen his own blood for the first time, at Ipswich, he might just now go out and show a bit of grit to his game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Harry said:

The trouble is Villa fans seem to need a pantomime villan who can be blamed, lambasted, hated, criticised and so on. At the moment it's Westwood.

Nonsense.

He's been criticised by some since he arrived. Not because he's some pantomime villan, but because he's shite.

Fwiw, I think gardner is as shit.

• Like 3