Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I know I'm in the minority, but he's one I hope we keep. 

I do think there's a good player in there, not brilliant by any means, but he's capable of being very good in the chumpionship. 

He's got a good attitude, he works hard and he still seems like he wants to be here. He's not improved as much as I'd hoped in his time here so far, but to be fair has anybody? No quality to help him along when he first arrived, no quality around him since. 

His passing is too cautious, but again look at what's around him, the movement is non existent. 

He's got a good touch, he moves the ball quickly and in a decent team I think he's a capable player. 

Agreed. Considering that Bodymoor Heath is more social club than training ground it should be no surprise to anyone that the promise he has shown hasn't been fulfilled completely, but he still has some good attributes we will need in the coming years.

Westwood plays with a great work ethic.  But it almost seems like someone took a good kid at 15 and stopped coaching him.  I can't think why coaches would let him go for years without being able to put a 25 yard volley on frame.  He works hard, he is often in the right place, and then I just cringe because I would be so embarrassed if I was him... you just know the ball will go sailing high or wide or somewhere far off frame.  Surely repetition would help.  Surely coaches can see this.  I don't understand how he or they can just keep going on without hitting a couple thousand a day until he can get them on frame... 

10 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I know I'm in the minority, but he's one I hope we keep. 

I do think there's a good player in there, not brilliant by any means, but he's capable of being very good in the chumpionship. 

He's got a good attitude, he works hard and he still seems like he wants to be here. He's not improved as much as I'd hoped in his time here so far, but to be fair has anybody? No quality to help him along when he first arrived, no quality around him since. 

His passing is too cautious, but again look at what's around him, the movement is non existent. 

He's got a good touch, he moves the ball quickly and in a decent team I think he's a capable player. 

He is close to 150 games for Villa, he is absolute appalling and no signs of improvement at all. Crewe went down League 2 and think it might be his level if he is lucky

as said before one of worst midfielders to ever play for the club, at stage prefer Osbourne or Salifou ahead of him

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Can't shoot, can't beat anyone with pace, never scores, shit corners and free kicks. Not sure why he should suddenly be able to do this in a lower league, he'll have even less time on the ball.

Get rid, along with 90% of the rest of the jokers in our squad.

Only 90% Rob ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I couldn't give a shit if he was the best player in the championship. I'm sick of him. 

At last!  An admittance that it's all a personal vendetta :D

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

At last!  An admittance that it's all a personal vendetta :D

It is at this point. And the same applies to the vast majority of this team. I don't care anymore about what they can offer next year. I **** hate most of them and are sick of seeing them wear the shirt. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Can't shoot, can't beat anyone with pace, never scores, shit corners and free kicks. Not sure why he should suddenly be able to do this in a lower league, he'll have even less time on the ball.

Get rid, along with 90% of the rest of the jokers in our squad.

Agree with all of this, except 'he'll have even less time on the ball'. The rest is spot on though. 

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

An epitome of whats wrong with us.

Can't agree with that. He's a model professional, doesn't complain, have off field troubles, and regardless of how you rate him he gives 100% on the field. 

Hes on a modest salary for a Premier League club, especially compared to some of the guys who DO have off field troubles and seem to not give a toss on the field. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Can't agree with that. He's a model professional, doesn't complain, have off field troubles, and regardless of how you rate him he gives 100% on the field. 

Hes on a modest salary for a Premier League club, especially compared to some of the guys who DO have off field troubles and seem to not give a toss on the field. 

Agree with a lot of that. 

But I think the fact this guy has played so much for us and been replaced with no better in a key area. Just sums up our terrible transfer policy and how the club has dropped over the last 4 years. 

Also. He's as deluded as Bacuna. 

Didn't he say this isn't the worst team in prem history. Based on the points tally.

When you take everything into account Ashley, it really is.

Not only that but it's the worst team I've ever seen at any level in any sport.