Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He like a lot our players is a guy with some talent and a number of areas he needs to improve.

It's where we're at it means we win some games give some away and look clueless but solid in others.

Hopefully in time those ratios start to move in our favour

Westwood does a good job. His ability is to be able to pass the ball around well, that much is evident. However, in a team with very little movement and creativity there aint a lot of options to pass too. It's very rare (if ever) that I've seen Westwood have the ball, and someone like Weimann, Gabby or KEA will make a bursting run into space and he's not give them the ball. The problem is our team struggle to make space and move into it, so his passing seems very ordinary. With more intelligent players I think his game would improve. But I guess that could be said for everyone. 

• Like 1

There's a point to be had with that. But another disappointing performance against United for me. He seems to do really poorly when he plays alongside both KEA and Sylla as I suspect he trusts neither with the ball. That causes him to shirk away from the ball a bit as he's the first one under pressure because there's very little movement as you alluded to in order for him to pass it. Still, he needs to go get the ball and start the attacks if he is to be the base and he needs to mop up like cutting out the cross for Welbeck's second.

But really, I rarely see Gabby and Weimann make diagonal runs along the back line. Their MO seems to want it in the pocket between four defenders or sprinting down the side line asking for a ball over the top.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Horrid.

He is reminding me more and more of Kinsella. Busy pointing at where he thinks his fullbacks should be while he occupies his position just outside the 'D' watching the opposition midfield pass around him.

He needs dropping for a Delph/KEA central midfield - which doesn't overly thrill me, but it's the best we have imo.

• Like 2

Horrid.

He is reminding me more and more of Kinsella. Busy pointing at where he thinks his fullbacks should be while he occupies his position just outside the 'D' watching the opposition midfield pass around him.

He needs dropping for a Delph/KEA central midfield - which doesn't overly thrill me, but it's the best we have imo.

Spot on.  He'll be back playing in the football league sooner rather than later.  Either for us or somebody else.

Don't want to keep knocking the kid, but he is completely out of his depth.The worrying thing for me is that i think PL sees a lot of himself in him, and so will keep playing him.He for me is the biggest problem, replace him with a reasonable player, and you would probably move up 2 or 3 positions.

I think some of these players that are to look crap, would be better with a bit of experience along side the to learn from....we are lacking in leadership on the field right now.

• Like 2

Westwood does a good job. His ability is to be able to pass the ball around well, that much is evident. However, in a team with very little movement and creativity there aint a lot of options to pass too. It's very rare (if ever) that I've seen Westwood have the ball, and someone like Weimann, Gabby or KEA will make a bursting run into space and he's not give them the ball. The problem is our team struggle to make space and move into it, so his passing seems very ordinary. With more intelligent players I think his game would improve. But I guess that could be said for everyone.

That's the way I see it, leadership and running off the ball are our main omissions IMO.

Did anyone see when we won a corner in second half he casually strolled half bothered over to take it must have been least 90seconds of him looking at ground and brushing his hand through his hair.. The ref had to tell him to hurry up..

We was on attack and fired up, but he strolls over..

This guy is the emperors new clothes. I said last season I never understood the hype and praise he was getting and now others are starting to see it. He offers NOTHING. He cant tackle, doesnt get assists, doesnt score, cant take players on, cant take set-pieces and his passing is average at best.

He's like an even less effective Sidwell.

Neat and tidy player but very lightweight at PL level, he will maybe be good in a few years time but at the moment he's not what we need.

This isn't a teenager we are talking about though. If he isn't good enough now, which he isn't, then we haven't got time to wait and see if he might come good when he is 25 or whatever.