Joe Bennett

Si.

Ipswich more his level. Bodes well for next season.

is Ipswich the level of bent and Weimann as well? Why didn't they get man of the match reviews ? Supposedly they are a level below Ipswich?

Give the lad a break. He's had a stop start start to his journey with us and is now finding his feet. Will be a very decent player for us

• Like 2

Nothing that has happened yet supports a definitive statement that Bennett WILL be a very decent player for us.

I'm glad he enjoyed playing against a weakened side from a club at the wrong end of the Championship today, but the test really comes when he is playing premier league opposition, where even the most ardent and hopeful advocate must agree he has been found a bit wanting so far.

I think the reason this lad comes under such scrutiny so soon is he is the replacement for an isolated Warnock. When there is no way back for your previous left back your new left back better be shit hot from the off.

I haven't seen him today but from what I have seen in the league the kid hasn't got a clue defensively. He actually makes Warnock look like a competant defender. He may get better but we can we really afford to have massive weakness in key positions right now?

Today supported my theory that there is a good player in there. He has very good pace, and is very good on the ball (put some lovely crosses in today). Has a lot to do with his positioning and general defending but i still insist he has natural footballing ability which is something our team sorely lacks.

I think the reason this lad comes under such scrutiny so soon is he is the replacement for an isolated Warnock. When there is no way back for your previous left back your new left back better be shit hot from the off.

I haven't seen him today but from what I have seen in the league the kid hasn't got a clue defensively. He actually makes Warnock look like a competant defender. He may get better but we can we really afford to have massive weakness in key positions right now?

He wasn't the weakness today, his cross to Weimann was top notch and he must have had the most possession of any Villa player today. The goal cam from Baker's cock up so is he the weakness now?

The boy was excellent against Ipswich. Kept possession well, very comfortable in possession and wonderful delivery into the penalty area. Not watched enough of him to properly comment on his defensive atributes but what I will say there was one occasion in the game where he showed terrific defensive awareness to tuck inside and clear the danger when Baker was in trouble.

The goal came down the left side - where was Bennett then? I've only seen one highlight so don't know whether he was out of position or not.

Bennett's defensive weaknesses in the Premier League are his defensive decision making

* being caught in possession of the ball - which is unforgivable for a defender because if you get robbed there's often nobody behind you except the goalkeeper. In the PL Bennett gets robbed once every 50 minutes. In contrast Stevens and Lowton get caught in possession once every 190 minutes.

* being caught out of position. The last goal against Swansea is an example. It came from an attack down the left side when Dyer strolled passed Holman (who expected his LB to be just behind him in support) and got in a free cross, unopposed, which lead to the goal. Where was our left back to block the cross?

Underlining his weaker defensive skills, up to the Tottenham game on average we were conceding goals once every 47 minutes with Lowton on the pitch at RB, once every 34 minutes with Bennett at LB.

Bennett's positive attributes are his pace, passing (relatively high accuracy) and his dribbling, which are also attributes of a winger. He is also a hard worker who would track back like a good winger. Until his defensive ability improves he should stay on the left wing.

The goal came down the left side - where was Bennett then? I've only seen one highlight so don't know whether he was out of position or not.

Bennett's defensive weaknesses in the Premier League are his defensive decision making

* being caught in possession of the ball - which is unforgivable for a defender because if you get robbed there's often nobody behind you except the goalkeeper. In the PL Bennett gets robbed once every 50 minutes. In contrast Stevens and Lowton get caught in possession once every 190 minutes.

* being caught out of position. The last goal against Swansea is an example. It came from an attack down the left side when Dyer strolled passed Holman (who expected his LB to be just behind him in support) and got in a free cross, unopposed, which lead to the goal. Where was our left back to block the cross?

Underlining his weaker defensive skills, up to the Tottenham game on average we were conceding goals once every 47 minutes with Lowton on the pitch at RB, once every 34 minutes with Bennett at LB.

Bennett's positive attributes are his pace, passing (relatively high accuracy) and his dribbling, which are also attributes of a winger. He is also a hard worker who would track back like a good winger. Until his defensive ability improves he should stay on the left wing.

The goal came from Nathan Baker not having a clue where his man was and being weak

Â