Joe Bennett

Si.

He is not a LB. he is a winger. I actually think he could be successful in that role. Need to get him out of the back four though.

He has played as a left back during his whole career. He was shit at Boro and I have no idea why we signed him. He is a 5ft tall chav with all the football ability of Bobby Davro after a bag of acid tabs.

He is like a limited version of Jloyd Samuel

Just got back from the game, this lad was appauling.

I don't want to start effing and blinding at him because he got enough of that from our own fans tonight, and laying into him won't help. It isn't his fault we signed him and it isn't his fault we've no decent left back.

He just quite simply isn't good enough, i say this without malice but easily the worst player I've seen for the villa. Have said this for weeks now. His defending is shocking, gets beat like he's not even there.

Im sure he isn't a left back, could probably do better converted to a winger, but not at this club. He is league 1/league 2 standard at the very maximum

I think it's entirely possible to have a guy who's terrible and not good enough to start for us, yet who is also at the same time a good prospect for the future, especially when it comes to defenders. In about 4 years, with some top quality coaching, I think Bennett could be a decent prem LB. As it stands, he's not good enough and as long as he starts he's liable to put in atrocious performances like the one last night. He was totally the wrong purchase for our situation. Tbf I don't think Lowton's any better.

Hands down the worst performance I've ever seen from a villa player,he'd struggle to get in most championship sides, all lamberts fault for putting him in that position. Bannan, Lowton, Bennet, Delph are some of the worst villa players I've ever seen in the first team.

This is exactly what happens when young inexperienced players get played

regularly and are relied on week in and week out. They have no respite and

are easily destroyed. PL should know this, and he better had now.

The next three weeks could destroy this club !

He is not a LB. he is a winger. I actually think he could be successful in that role. Need to get him out of the back four though.

I disagree,.

To say he's a winger would suggest he does well when he gets forward. he doesn't, or at least he didn't last night. Whenever he got forward he either lost the ball in possession, or tried a poor diagonal which never came off.

Someone give this lad a decent meal

He has the frame of a 16 year old yet claims to be a defender

Compare the guy to Bouma now that's a defender he needs to bulk up a bit seriously even Lowton looks twice his size...

Hes certainly not a winger. His passing and crossing were appalling last night and he is nowhere near consistent enough to be a winger. His distribution is generally poor. He is young so is still learning and may well improve but leaving him in the first team is not the answer. His confidence is low, he keeps getting caught out of position leading to him diving in and giving away stupid free kicks, his distribution is currently attrocious so he needs to be took out of the pressure cooker until he improves. Lambert needs to deliver in the market.

sidgraceful performance. he needs to be loaned out to try get confidence back. Stevens or Warnock has to play vs Southampton.

I know he is a hate figure but even Warnock never played that bad

Whether he could do a job in midfield remains to be seen, but he can't play left back. Stevens looks twice the player at the moment.

Met a bunch of Boro lads on holiday a few weeks ago and they couldn't believe he'd been signed by a Premier League club.

I was really, really disappointed in Bennett last night.

I have seen things from him to make me think that he has the ability to be a decent player, but he just looked lazy, uninterested and even casual!

If he isn't going to try hard then he shouldn't be picked.

I don't know whether it's a confidence issue, or whether he would just prefer to be at home on twitter, but I'd rather see Enda Stevens giving his all, than Joe Bennett not giving anything.

Â