Joe Bennett

Si.

After a good point today I'm sorry to focus on a negative but if anybody can hand on heart say that this kid is playing better than Warnock was last year then as far as I'm concerned they are lying.

He may have potential but at the moment he is shocking.

After a good point today I'm sorry to focus on a negative but if anybody can hand on heart say that this kid is playing better than Warnock was last year then as far as I'm concerned they are lying.

He may have potential but at the moment he is shocking.

You can call me a liar if you want, but until I see Bennett aim a few headers in the bottom corner of his own net, I'd say he's doing better than Warnock.

You can call me a liar if you want, but until I see Bennett aim a few headers in the bottom corner of his own net, I'd say he's doing better than Warnock.

for me he isnt a patch on warnock, I have never believed the deliberate own goal b*llocks, Warnock was simply the scapegoat, I've lost track of the amount of mistakes I've seen Bennett make and I have no idea where people are seeing this potential. Is it just because hes young?

for me he isnt a patch on warnock, I have never believed the deliberate own goal b*llocks, Warnock was simply the scapegoat, I've lost track of the amount of mistakes I've seen Bennett make and I have no idea where people are seeing this potential. Is it just because hes young?

Agree with this 100%. Warnock was a scapegoat, Hutton and Warnock is a better full back pairing to what we have now.

Is this just the relegation threat talking, or are people just forgetting what a f***ing waste of space that Warnock is?

Seriously, if Bennett still isn't cutting the mustard by the end of the season, I will be shocked!

Give the lad time, were Ashley Young, Downing or Milner good for us straight away?

Is this just the relegation threat talking, or are people just forgetting what a f***ing waste of space that Warnock is?

Seriously, if Bennett still isn't cutting the mustard by the end of the season, I will be shocked!

Give the lad time, were Ashley Young, Downing or Milner good for us straight away?

they were all 10 times better than this useless short arsed chav. he was crap at boro too

Great response. Cheers.

Honestly, how many games have you seen him play for Boro?

as i have posted before i worked a lot in boro last year and attended a few of there games. I have seen him play about 14 games or so in total and he has been shit on every occasion. even boro fans got on his back at the riverside last year.

I've got a couple of Boro mates who were surprised he went to us and equally chuffed they had got rid of him.

I have seen absolutely nothing from this player that suggests he will be a success. Would love to be wrong, but I just cannot see a premier league player.

One thing that is important in the Premier League is pace, and he has that.

Bennett also has a few tricks - this season he has had 13 successful dribbles, fouled 6 times - and a decent pass percentage of 83% (Lowton who most of us think is doing well is 77%).

Bennett's flaw is his defending and his lack of experience. He's been caught in possession 12 times - once for every 58 minutes he's played, which for a defender is very bad (funnily enough he didn't get dispossessed at all against Swansea when he was playing left wing).

To show how bad that is as a defender, Lowton and Stevens are only caught in possession every 190 minutes. (Ciaren Clark has never been dispossessed, while Herd, Baker and Vlaar are in multiple hundreds - almost never).

What Bennett needs is experience as a defender we can't afford to give him right now which is why left wing could be a good position for him - and for us, what defending skill he does have could help make us stronger defensively down that side.

Stats derived from whoscored.com

http://www.whoscored...sea-Aston-Villa

Edited by Con

One thing that is important in the Premier League is pace, and he has that.

Bennett also has a few tricks - this season he has had 13 successful dribbles, fouled 6 times - and a decent pass percentage of 83% (Lowton who most of us think is doing well is 77%).

Bennett's flaw is his defending and his lack of experience. He's been caught in possession 12 times - once for every 58 minutes he's played, which for a defender is very bad (funnily enough he didn't get dispossessed at all against Swansea when he was playing left wing).

To show how bad that is as a defender, Lowton and Stevens are only caught in possession every 190 minutes. (Ciaren Clark has never been dispossessed, while Herd, Baker and Vlaar are in multiple hundreds - almost never).

What Bennett needs is experience as a defender we can't afford to give him right now which is why left wing could be a good position for him - and for us, what defending skill he does have could help make us stronger defensively down that side.

Stats derived from whoscored.com

http://www.whoscored...sea-Aston-Villa

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

He should be played at left wing as he's suited to that role as he's fast, skillful and will grow into quite a threat in that position. What will make him better at left wing is that he still has the defender in him so he can get back and help out which is a bonus.

Hello ..

Didn't see last match .. But tbh .. before that the whole team was bad for three games he played in .. also he was one of the best of the worst !

Anyway .. We'll see what he'll be up to .. good attacking .. not very well defending !

as i have posted before i worked a lot in boro last year and attended a few of there games. I have seen him play about 14 games or so in total and he has been shit on every occasion. even boro fans got on his back at the riverside last year.

I'm not doubting what you say and it is very strange to think that we would buy such a player given that as the case. Lambert and his scouts must have looked at all the left backs in the championship (and several overseas) with a view to signing one. He must have seen something.

I am pretty sure he was second choice but we moved for him when Ipswich priced us out of a move for Cresswell. Perhaps he was more of a gamble from Lambert?

I think he might find his feet on the wing as he is pretty good going forward but his defending has looked properly ropy to me.

I've never thought that Warnock intentionally headed into his own net, I haven't said that either.

I'm just saying, until Bennett puts a ball in his own net, he's doing better than Warnock.

Aside from the own goal, Warnock had been dreadful for a while. Sliding in when it wasn't needed, picking up yellow cards left, right and centre. I'm sure he gave away a penalty aswell. All this from a player that was meant to be experienced, costing £8m was it?

No C_V, it's not just because he's young. Why would someone see potential just because a player is young?

I've seen him take on players, put in a few decent crosses (better than Lowton and Bannan), link up some decent passes and put in a good last ditch tackle on Lennon on the edge of our penalty area.

He's still learning, he's still young, but I've seen enough for me to not write him off.

Are you writing him off just because he's young?

Hello ..

Didn't see last match .. But tbh .. before that the whole team was bad for three games he played in .. also he was one of the best of the worst !

Anyway .. We'll see what he'll be up to .. good attacking .. not very well defending !

Agreed, he was one of our better players against Wigan.

Â