Joe Bennett

Si.

I thought he was average at best last night. The free kick he took seemed to lack any conviction and I don't believe he thought he would score from it. Had a couple of chances to put in good crosses and didn't deliver.

Made a good run forward, picked out and unlucky not to score with the header. Better defending at times, but still has a tendency to switch off concentration at times and doesn't ensure the ball goes out.

Behind Luna in every way for me.

He didn't really do much wrong last night but did he really do anything at all? Bit worried he couldn't really get into a game against that opposition tbh but he hasnt played for a while so ill reserve the judgement.

No one would pass to him!

He didn't really do much wrong last night but did he really do anything at all? Bit worried he couldn't really get into a game against that opposition tbh but he hasnt played for a while so ill reserve the judgement.

No one would pass to him!

Sorry to be harsh but i dont blame them after last season.

Good to see Bennett get some game time under his belt. Put in a solid performance & it's great to know we have healthy competition for the left back spot. As it stands currently though it's Tony Moons shirt to lose & I don't think he will.

My advice to Joe - Grow a beard ;)

I'd like to see him against a Premier League opposition in the near future, really hope he gets a chance because I think he could become a good player, definitely needs a confidence boost though.

Unless Luna gets a knock I think its the cups for Joe this season

I just wanted to add in that I follow the guy on twitter, and a wee while ago (when navas was signing for citeh) he alluded to the fact that in the past he was susceptible to anxiety attacks and that he sympathised with others afflicted by that

Once you know that I think his body language and presence on the pitch etc are consistent with a young man lacking in confidence and assuredness and who perhaps still has lingering moments of anxiety or worry.

Agreed. There were more than a few references to him 'visibly shaking in response to crowd hostility last year. IMO he's a decent but not spectacular young player who'll need encouragement, rather than derision, as he develops and makes the inevitable mistakes that are part of that process.

For all their wealth and fame, these are still just young men who feel all the same emotions that we do. 

• Like 2

I like Bennett, but atm would play Luna ahead of him.Bennett needs to develop strength and knowledge of the game, and has the abilities to be a very good player, but at the moment Lunas football know how puts him ahead of Bennett.

Not meant to be an outright comparisson but he reminds me of Bale.

I thought his body language looked much more relaxed on Wednesday.

There were times last season where he looked like a rabbit frozen in car headlights when attackers were brushing past him and knocking him off the ball.

Perhaps having Luna in has taken some of the pressure off him?

Luna doesn't exactly look like he suffers from anxiety attacks, unless it's anxiety to go sprinting into the opposition half.

I am much more comfortable with Bennett's role at the club now Luna is here - the fact that we have an alternative to him means there's less dread when you watch him play...which means you can enjoy the nice bits of his game rather than concentrating so much on the mistakes he makes.

Â