Richard Dunne

Zatman

Doesn't help we have dumbo Collins as part of the duo who was on the Wales bench, which must have been embarassing. All what's required is Clark and Dunne in the middle and we've basically got some technical steel in central defence with Given pulling off the hollywood saves.

Paul McGrath is the best defender to ever pull on a green jersey.

However, Richie's performance yesterday was the best individual defensive performance by an Ireland player. And anybody who's read my posts on God on this forum will know that is a big statement for me to make.

The Honey Monster was immense. Back to his best? I reckon he just set himself a new level.

Dumbo Collins??!!!

He's been outstanding this season so far for us!

Form is temporary, class is permanent.....

... unfortunately, Collins has none. The last 1 and a half seasons is testament to that.

Eh? Clearly not, as he has been outstanding, thus completely nullifying your argument that he is poor. You don't get lucky in the Prem, you will be exposed if you aren't good enough.

Also, you seem to be suggesting that he was good in his first season.

However, Richie's performance yesterday was the best individual defensive performance by an Ireland player. And anybody who's read my posts on God on this forum will know that is a big statement for me to make.

The Honey Monster was immense. Back to his best? I reckon he just set himself a new level.

Gazton, you rate it above God vs Italy in '94? I have not seen Dunne's performance yesterday. If so, that is high praise indeed!

Gazton, you rate it above God vs Italy in '94? I have not seen Dunne's performance yesterday. If so, that is high praise indeed!

Was about to ask the same question in pretty much the same way.

Was about to ask the same question in pretty much the same way.

Mcgrath himself said it was better, although not sure how he managed to tweet it whilst holding a Guinness and patting himself on the back :D

Ive just watched those highlights and he looked nothing special at all! :?

He only did his face in because he was about 10 seconds too late!

edit: to clarify i didnt see the game so the highlights might not do him justice.

Saw them too and thought the same. Guess he stopped them from creating even more chances which would never be on the highlights as they're just about chances to score. Have to say that he was quite lost just before he cleared the ball off the line.

Â