Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I see a place for him in both the systems people seem to think Lambert will favour next season. If we play with a front 3 ha can play either flank and if we go with wing backs I actually think he'd be quite effective just off the striker in a freer role, sort of like the spot Robben has been playing in Hollands system (obviously not to the same level as Robben, but beggars can't be choosers in our predicament, and utilised correctly N'Zogbia could be almost a very effective 'new signing')

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Do people think N'Zogbia is best played centrally "in the hole", on the right, the left, or perhaps even as a LWB? I'd like to see him played from the start of the season to the right of a front 3 or behind a striker with 5 at the back. And then he's just got to deliver and turn into Wigan-CNZ

Do people think N'Zogbia is best played centrally "in the hole", on the right, the left, or perhaps even as a LWB? I'd like to see him played from the start of the season to the right of a front 3 or behind a striker with 5 at the back. And then he's just got to deliver and turn into Wigan-CNZ

Unless we add another central midfielder who can do the defensive duties - I'd play CNZ off a lone striker.

If we add a DM, I'd play him at the tip of a narrow diamond midfield 4 behind 2 strikers but give him freedom to roam out wide

One positive is his performances tend to improve the lower down the league teams are...see his form at Wigan and here in 12/13 compared to the previous year so he likes relegation battles.

Edited by VillaChris

Who knows.....he might even pass the ball occasionally?

If his pre-season games are anything to go by, it will just be occasionally. Even though he has that unpredictable streak in him that can get a goal, I'm still a bit concerned that he'll spend the majority of the season running into people and losing the ball.

Yep. I reckon the new game plan will be to try and win as many free kicks as possible and just let Zoggy smash them in.

Be nice to have a game plan for a change? (some call them tactics) 

I can see Lambo sticking on Gabby and leaving Charlie on the bench though?

I think he'll probably get half today against Walsall, then maybe more against Parma. He could be an important player his season, I think he sort of thrives when he's the main outlet of a midfield, and we haven't got a lot else so fingers crossed.

Looked very sharp for a period of about 20 minutes today. Then sort of went quiet. 

Hope he can emulate this pre season form in the premier league though.. 

I think he went quiet when we deployed no one as a striker - CNZ, Bacuna and Grealish were making runs and moves to no one in the box. Probably why he went quiet.

Huge season for him in terms of future career, hope he smashes it, starting with a couple of goals at Stoke. Also I'm giving him a chance in my fantasy football team so need him to start well.

Â