Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Why was he made to train with the kids?  Did we ever find that out, because that's what usually happens to players that clubs don't want in the first team squad.

Where has it been reported he was made to train with the kids? Genuine question, I've not seen that anywhere.

Besides I'm not saying he is wanted by Lambert, I've no idea either way, I'm just disputing this notion he was available for selection for the end of last season but ignored and not allowed to play. Because frankly its a bit silly and seemingly completely unfounded.

• Like 1

Why was he made to train with the kids?  Did we ever find that out, because that's what usually happens to players that clubs don't want in the first team squad.

Where has it been reported he was made to train with the kids? Genuine question, I've not seen that anywhere.

Besides I'm not saying he is wanted by Lambert, I've no idea either way, I'm just disputing this notion he was available for selection for the end of last season but ignored and not allowed to play. Because frankly its a bit silly and seemingly completely unfounded. 

'Twas on Sky Sports News, reported on the OS:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3848235,00.html

Sky Sports: Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is set to hand Darren Bent, Alan Hutton and Charles N'Zogbia another chance at the club. It seemed as though the trio had made their last appearances for the club after being cast aside by Lambert as The Villans struggled last season. Bent was allowed to join Fulham on-loan, where he struggled to hold down a first-team spot, Hutton spent the end of the campaign at Championship side Bolton, while N'Zogbia has been training with the youth team since returning from injury.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't think he should be on holiday 24/7 then..

Well, it isn't particularly true, is it? He's been training with the youth team, per briny_ear's link. That's not the same as 'being on holiday'. 

Something like that… rather too much 2+2= conspiracy stuff really.

As for his number and not being in Lambert's plans, he was always likely to be out for all if not almost all the season so it is hardly surprising.

I've not known many examples of a player being given such a high squad number because of an injury. Gardner and delph for example were never given numbers in the 40's when injured long term.

I don't think nzogbia was wanted but the continued restrictions and poor squad quality mean the manager will have to change his mind now.

Someone asked him on twitter when he would be back he said something along the lines of 'if I'll be allowed to train with the first team' or something like that. Indicating he thought even if fit he wouldn't be involved, or he wasn't yet considered by the club doctors to be fit enough to step up to first team training. Then there was the sky article.

But even Okore was supposed to be ready to play before the season finished and didn't, but no conspiracy there really.

I've always thought that the 'when I'm allowed to train with the first team' comment referred to being allowed by the medical staff.

The first team training would be too intensive for such a long term injury. Whether that's where sky got their sources for the 'made to train with the youth team' article I don't know.

I don't think he's been totally frozen out and never has been, I just think his injury is one which everyone kinda knows he's not going to fully come back from.

• Like 1

Fit as a fiddle according to Alan Hutton

I don't know what part is more worrying.

that your taking Alan Hutton opinions or that Alan Hutton is an expert on fitness :P

• Like 1

So where will he be used?

Will Lambert finally play a winger in a wide position or will he be our attacking midfield player?

I would imagine Cole and Nzogbia will be in the number 10 positions, there is no way Cole can do 90 mins. Id play them there with Grealish and Gabby/Wiemann as the wide players

Given our chronic lack of creativity in the squad (which I don't see being resolved at all this summer with the pittance budget) he's well worth another goal.

He had some decent games in the second half of the 2012/13, West Brom away he ran the show for 60 minutes for example. Concern I have though is he tended to link up quite well with Benteke so dunno if it will work with the other forwards, probably not.

Â