Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Another big stat is Wigan have managed 4 goals in their last 6 games, we have managed 10.

While we too have also conceded ten (made worse by last night), Wigan have conceded 9.

I think our fire power will see us home.

• Like 1

I think the highest scenario Wigan could achieve is beating Swansea and WBA. Arsenal are on a tear and Spurs won't want to miss out on a UCL spot. That would require us beating Sunderland Norwich and then going into the last game with Wigan needing to win dependent on GD. Not the ideal scenario, but one that's more tolerable than needing a win on the last day.

Most likely, I think Wigan will pick up a win and draw between Swansea and WBA and we'll beat both Norwich and Sunderland, having us safe for the last game of the season.

It should be noted that since the end of January (the horror time), we have.

Won: West Ham, Reading, QPR, Stoke

Draw: Everton, Fulham

Lost: City, Liverpool, Arsenal, United

Arguably we could have gotten a point against City, Liverpool, and Arsenal and probably should have won both Fulham and Everton. Nonetheless, we have picked up wins against the sides around us and I'm confident we'll do the same going forward.

Have a little faith people.

Edited by Kwan

Wigan v Spurs is exactly the kind of game Spurs have made a balls of in the past. I just hope the re-introduction of Bale is enough of a boost that they don't make the same mistake again. I just have a bad feeling about that match. I hope it's misplaced.

Wigan v Spurs is exactly the kind of game Spurs have made a balls of in the past. I just hope the re-introduction of Bale is enough of a boost that they don't make the same mistake again. I just have a bad feeling about that match. I hope it's misplaced.

I just can't see Wigan getting anything against Spurs Brian. Put it this way I would not fancy having to play them at Villa Park this weekend as they have such a lot to play for in qualifying for Champs League and they will also be looking to finish as the top London club. I can see them putting 2 or 3 past Wigan and running out comfortable winners.

I know Mark. Logic says one thing. I've just seen this before where a Wigan result and a Spurs result come from nowhere. As I say, it's only a spidey sense but I don't like it. I hope I'm not back here on Sunday giving out the lottery numbers.

The turnaround against Man City will have lifted Spurs and in Defoe and Bale they have 2 players who can get goals from half chances.If Spurs score early and can play rest of game on the break they will win comfortably 

What's the latest on that alcarez for wigan? His return for them in feb coincided with an upturn in results but hobbled off v west ham.

Also we play chelsea just 2 days after they play 4 games in 10 days. Got to fancy us to get something

Also we play chelsea just 2 days after they play 4 games in 10 days. Got to fancy us to get something

Last time we played Chelsea they had just come back from the other side of the world and look what happened Edited by mikeyp102

What's the latest on that alcarez for wigan? His return for them in feb coincided with an upturn in results but hobbled off v west ham.

4th May according to Physio room 

A repeat of this would be lovely

spurs+9-1+wigan.jpg

• Like 2

I know Mark. Logic says one thing. I've just seen this before where a Wigan result and a Spurs result come from nowhere. As I say, it's only a spidey sense but I don't like it. I hope I'm not back here on Sunday giving out the lottery numbers.

I have the same feeling for the Arsenal game.

Will go to the death for me and that heart attack that's been building up all season watching us nervously defend leads will finally happen.

Or we'll be relegated and I think I'll be left with an odd sense of confused, empty, calm a bit like when a relative dies.

It should be noted that since the end of January (the horror time), we have.

Won: West Ham, Reading, QPR, Stoke

Draw: Everton, Fulham

Lost: City, Liverpool, Arsenal, United

I think most fans would have taken those results at the start of February, and expected them to keep us up. Sadly we've been unfortunate with how other teams have done and so we're still very much in a battle. I don't think we could have done much more to be honest, the Fulham draw is the only real disappointing result from that list.

I am absolutely shitting myself. This is going to be an intense run in now. Who ever stays up will deserve it. We have 3 winnable games, if we can't get 6 points from a potential 12 when we need it then we don't deserve to stay up. I expect 4 points from the next 2 games but I hope we get 6 and its put to bed before we play Chelsea. All eyes on Wigan vs Spurs!