Rino8

Assistant Manager is now out complaining about the Christmas fixtures. I understand this is a special situation but they have complained every winter for 5 years now about fixtures. Its disgraceful 

Strange football club in that they dont want to play football matches

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Assistant Manager is now out complaining about the Christmas fixtures. I understand this is a special situation but they have complained every winter for 5 years now about fixtures. Its disgraceful 

Yeah saw this. Klopp has complained so much he has sent his assistant to do it this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

@OutByEaster? nailed what they want.

What they want is everything, and more.

To get rid of every match that isn't profitable, and have a huge squad they can rotate, and get all the referee decisions.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah saw this. Klopp has complained so much he has sent his assistant to do it this year.

Klopp is a shrewd fellow. I have No doubt he’s gauged that (plop fans aside) many are not enamoured with him any more due to his appalling sideline behaviour and are tired of his snarky interviews. 

Hence send the assistant to add another face to the whinging, he knows what he’s doing and m sure.

I seems quite straightforward to me. 

If they think they are playing too many fixtures it appears to be The Champions League that throws the greatest number of extracurricular matches their way. 

So, just don't enter The Champions League and hey presto, loads of spare weeks, less pressure on the fixtures. 

It's for the health and safety of the players after all.  They should be delighted with all the spare time they will get. 

Edited by sidcow

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I seems quite straightforward to me. 

If they think they are playing too many fixtures it appears to be The Champions League that throws the greatest number of extracurricular matches their way. 

So, just don't enter The Champions League and hey presto, loads of spare weeks, less pressure on the fixtures. 

It's for the health and safety of the players after all.  They should be delighted with all the spare time they will get. 

lack of travelling as well

• Like 1

I know he wants what's best for his team - any manager should.

But I wonder, does he realise he talks shit? It's not a good look, it doesn't make much sense considering his previous actions, and it's simply not palatable to a regular football fan that doesn't wear a red shirt.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2021 at 20:55, Tomaszk said:

@OutByEaster? nailed what they want.

What they want is everything, and more.

To get rid of every match that isn't profitable, and have a huge squad they can rotate, and get all the referee decisions.

Well don't bother with the league cup then. The usual suspects in the semi finals- and none of them (well maybe Spurs) care about winning it. I'd rather have seen West Ham or Leicester in the last 4 for a change. I would oppose making the semi final a one leg game as that would give the home side a massive benefit. 

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They want the league cup, they like winning trophies and they want to match the trebles and quadruples of other teams - what they don't want is to be put into a position where they have to compete for it without the advantages that their squads and their balance sheets give them, it's important we let them rest and make sure they have enough of their squad fit and healthy so that they can win, because after all, that's what we all want isn't it? The biggest teams winning trophies.

We need to move away from the idea that it's possible to win everything - teams should have to make difficult decisions about which cups they can compete for when they're in European competition, it should be almost impossible for a team to compete for the Premier league title and the Champions league in the same season. This culture we've allowed to develop where big companies like Man City and Liverpool go into the season thinking about doubles and trebles and quadruples is wrong, it's bad for the game, we need to be taking opportunities where we can find them to even up the playing field, to let more teams compete for trophies, we need to make sure that to have a busy schedule does have a negative effect on a team and we're not doing that, we're going the other way.

Liverpool and their charismatic manager are at the head of a movement to enshrine into the game rules that further the advantage of the biggest teams, rules that mean they can have bigger squads, more substitutes, softer schedules, rules that mean that can win, permanently, forever. That's an awful idea.

For me, Mansfield Town need the occasional money from a replay at Anfield more than Liverpool need the rest so that they can win four trophies, I've said it before, but I dream of a Premier League where four teams qualify for the Champions league one year and then four completely different teams qualify the following year.

Jurgen Klopp dreams of a league where Liverpool never finish lower than third, and alway make the semi-finals of the FA Cup, Champions league and League cup, that's a dream he shares with a raft of corporate players, from the Liverpool owners through to the broadcasters, the leagues, Carabao, Jeff Bezos, Heineken, Sony and UEFA, but it's not the dream of football fans or people who love that sport is about change and about a clever idea, well worked and organised by good people beating money.

Liverpool are at the vanguard of a group taking advantage of the cover of Covid to make little changes to the game that will help maintain the hegemony of a small group of sides and I could not be more against it.

I ranted again. Sorry.

I feel your pain. The top 6 have  a nice cosy dominance and don't want anyone to upset the apple cart like Leicester have been doing or maybe what West Ham or perhaps even us are threatening with. The whole system is happy to have the same clubs winning everything all the time. That is what the tv  and social media audiences like and what makes the money. We are just the bit part actors. A nice merry thought for you for Christmas. Bah Humbug. 

• Like 2

Â