Rino8

Is it that impressive that they fill their stadium? they have a small stadium with a big enough support that it be embarrassing if they didnt fill it as regularly. But at moment I dont think Liverpool could sell out a 60,000 seater stadium

I think they could, football tourism is as big as it's ever been and Liverpool are a huge benefactor in that, could they fill it full of fans that aren't there to hold up their half and half scarf and song along to the speakers playing you'll never walk alone? Probably not

but outside UK and Ireland on the continent I dont think Liverpool is a big draw anymore for players or neutrals. I think if players go to England they would prefer go to City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Spurs before Liverpool.

Yep. Never even once seen anyone on the East Coast of the US in a Liverpool jersey, or Spurs, . Re: clubs, it's all United, Real, Barca, Chelsea, Borussia Dortmund, América, UNAM, and MLS teams. 

but outside UK and Ireland on the continent I dont think Liverpool is a big draw anymore for players or neutrals. I think if players go to England they would prefer go to City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Spurs before Liverpool.

Yep. Never even once seen anyone on the East Coast of the US in a Liverpool jersey, or Spurs, . Re: clubs, it's all United, Real, Barca, Chelsea, Borussia Dortmund, América, UNAM, and MLS teams. 

When Villa beat Liverpool at Anfield last season I was in Washington DC. I heard about the final result while in the Air and Space museum. On the Metro back to the hotel I stood next to a guy in a Liverpool top. I was wearing a Villa polo shirt which the guy noticed. He had been watching the game in a bar and fair play to him he said we deserved the win. He was American though so maybe the usual levels of scouse delusion hadn't reached him 

• Like 1

So "Mr.Aston Villa fan" looked happy he scored today against us. Hope that ends the fascination some people have that Milner loves the club and be happy to return

Yeah that's what I said when I saw him jumping around after his goal... No class arsehole.

Not celebrating goals vs former clubs is one of the saddest things in football IMO didn't bother me in the slightest

If Liverpool paid me £100k a week plus probably £10k per win and £10k per goal I'd probably be a bit happy about scoring vs villa too

• Like 2

Plus it's not like he's just left Villa. When he first scored against us for Man City he didn't celebrate. I'd much rather a former Villa player celebrate when he scores against than behave the way Ashley Young has on multiple ocassions.

So "Mr.Aston Villa fan" looked happy he scored today against us. Hope that ends the fascination some people have that Milner loves the club and be happy to return

I really don't understand the 'love' for Milner on here. He gave us less service than Barry, and wasn't even as good a player for us as Barry, but many prefer Milner. 

Not celebrating goals vs former clubs is one of the saddest things in football IMO didn't bother me in the slightest

If Liverpool paid me £100k a week plus probably £10k per win and £10k per goal I'd probably be a bit happy about scoring vs villa too

Agreed. 

Players should celebrate scoring, no matter who its against. 

Is it that controversial to say Liverpool would've still finished 4th last season if Sturridge had played 30 league games last season as opposed to the 10 or so he managed?

The boy can finish a chance. Again if he can stay fit from now until May I don't think their final placing will be that awful. 37 goals in 57 appearences for Liverpool.

Might see Benteke benched a bit aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

With respect Milner left us over 5 years ago and he knew how important it was to win for his team and manager, relief almost with the early goal. He went to celebrate with the Liverpool fans and didn't run over to the Villa fans btw whch I reckon Young would do if he ever scored against us.

As has been pointed out he didn't celebrate when scoring v us in 2011 when the move was still fresh. Class act Milner.

• Like 2

Funnily enough I was on an internal flight in India a couple of weeks ago and the in flight magazine had two pages dedicated to Liverpool merchandise you can buy. 

Saying that though I haven't seen anyone wearing a Liverpool shirt, and I've seen loads of Man Utd, Chelsea, Barca and Real merchandise.

noway would players prefer to go to spurs than liverpool....Plop pay higher wages and spunk more money which gives them higher top 4 equity.

the only advantage spurs have over liverpool is being in london. sure the extra money will make them get over that though

Edited by gharperr

Â