Rino8

admittedly havent seen that much of them this season but is that an issue that atletico madrid are struggling with this year? they reminded me of how klopp had dortmund playing, high intensity off the ball, super organised, amazing ability to press the ball, does it lose its impetus after a couple of years? even barca have struggled to keep it going at times

id love to see an english team with that mentality, think the ability to press as a team and ability off the ball is completely overshadowed by our seeming lack of ability on it, southampton could do it but nowhere near as effectively as the big european teams

would love to see klopp in the prem, inevitably its going to be at a team that i dont like because i dont like most of them, but would still prefer it not to be liverpool, still a massive challenge for him, their muppet fans will want CL qualification this year and the title next year

Atletico are another team I've watched every game of for the past few seasons. Only them, Dortmund and Villa though, I'm not a freak....:P

Atletico aren't really struggling this season tbh but yes, its a very similar approach mentally to the game. 100% commitment at all times. Ateltico do manage the turnover of players though which is why they've probably been more consistent even though Simeone hasn't quite been there as long as Klopp was at Dortmund so it might be difficult to gauge the long term affects.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Theres been a lot of changes in the Atletico side and I'm not sure Simeone knows his best line-up yet. But they were good second half against Real Madrid. Turan has left for Barcelona and he was a brilliant player for them. 

Just+a+quick+peek_c89b2b_4292420.gif

I don't want to say this makes me respect him more, but it . . . I dunno, humanises him a little bit really. I can sympathise. The only time I've been on TV was the final day of the Ashes test at Old Trafford in 2005. There was a crowd shot. 

I was picking my nose. 

• Like 2

the thing is Liverpool fans automatically assume Rodgers was at fault for everything, they will be expecting Klopp to win them the title by end of next season

Slight exageration, they will settle for top 4. He's well capable of doing that. 

Liverpool-supporting mate of mine made the point that during Klopp's tenure @ Dortmund, at various points he tried to sign (or at least showed an interest in...) Benteke, Origi & Firmino, so he's hoping that Klopp already has a plan for how he wants those 3 to play.

Edited by BOF

If Klopp is to go into Liverpool and play the way he did with Dortmund its going to take a while to not only get the type of player he needs but also to embed the mentality required.

I wonder how patient Liverpool fans are because with the type of player they have already at Liverpool I think it will take a while.

Edited by sexbelowsound

They have an under-performing squad.  If Klopp can get them playing to their abilities then they'll improve immediately.  Firmino was utter class in the Bundesliga.  You'd imagine that him and Coutinho in a midfield being marshalled by Lucas and Milner providing ammunition for Sturridge and Benteke should be a side that would beat most of the chaff and at least keep the big boys honest at the top.  And with the league the way it is this season (clue : shite) there's an opening for someone to go on a run.  Look at Palace ffs !

They have an under-performing squad.  If Klopp can get them playing to their abilities then they'll improve immediately.  Firmino was utter class in the Bundesliga.  You'd imagine that him and Coutinho in a midfield being marshalled by Lucas and Milner providing ammunition for Sturridge and Benteke should be a side that would beat most of the chaff and at least keep the big boys honest at the top.  And with the league the way it is this season (clue : shite) there's an opening for someone to go on a run.  Look at Palace ffs !

Yes Palace, Leicester and West Ham in the top 6. They have better players than them.

Liverpool fans demand to know why potential new manager hasn’t turned things around yet

klopp425.jpg

LIVERPOOL fans are demanding the dismissal of the man who has yet to be confirmed as the club’s new manager.

Possible replacement manager Jurgen Klopp has failed to make Liverpool the most feared club in football despite being widely tipped to start working there soon.

Season ticket holder Norman Steele said: “I’m a patient man but Klopp should have restored us to the pinnacle of European football by now.

“You have to question his commitment, especially as he has not yet signed any paperwork.”

Stephen Malley said: “How much longer are we going to give Klopp? He’s done literally nothing so far. 

“I’m going to set up a Klopp Out Facebook group.”

I know it's parody, but **** me it's pretty close to the truth :crylaugh:

• Like 3

Klopp will do well, until the 4th official starts getting to him...!

klopp.gif

that was a disgrace for me, no different than Keane chasing that referee at Old Trafford. UEFA should have made a proper example out of him and shows a man that cant deal with pressure

Klopp will do well, until the 4th official starts getting to him...!

klopp.gif

that was a disgrace for me, no different than Keane chasing that referee at Old Trafford. UEFA should have made a proper example out of him and shows a man that cant deal with pressure

I prefer Tim Sherwood's brand of nuttiness. It's funny, not funny-scary.

• Like 1

In Klippety's defence that was probably the one and only time he transgressed from funny mental to scary mental. We'll give him that because it was a massively pressurised job at that point in time. But there are those who think he was genuinely damaged from that point onwards. We'll see.

Â