Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Lambert's youth policy is being attacked now? I've seen it all. What else shall we criticize him for next? Unbelievable. 

Remind me which of our youth players he has handed a league-debut to since he has been here? 

The ones that are both good enough and ready to get their chance.

If that = 0 then that's because they're not ready to start, not because of some skewed view on our youth players.

Why would a manager not want to make his job easier if there was talent that was ready to chip in?

Because clearly he doesn't trust them enough because they don't have the required experience that he likes in players. Which is why his 'young' players are generally 21-23 year olds who have like 100 career appearances before joining. 

Lambert's youth policy is being attacked now? I've seen it all. What else shall we criticize him for next? Unbelievable. 

Remind me which of our youth players he has handed a league-debut to since he has been here? 

If that = 0 then that's because they're not ready to start, not because of some skewed view on our youth players.

Why would a manager not want to make his job easier if there was talent that was ready to chip in?

Because clearly he doesn't trust them enough because they don't have the required experience that he likes in players. Which is why his 'young' players are generally 21-23 year olds who have like 100 career appearances before joining. 

Or simply, they are not ready.

• Like 1

Or simply, they are not ready.

Seeing as he thinks the likes Tonev and Luna are and continues to play people like Weimann as regular starters, I couldn't really care less whether he thinks they are or not. I don't share everybody else's absolute blind faith in his judgement.

Mark Regan has just said:

"Vlaar injury not too serious. Won't be risked in cup match but should be ok after a short rest"

If Mark Regan is to be believed. 

This is the thing with Vlaar injuries - he's touch and go for a particular game - but then still hasn't returned 5 games later. His healing time seems difficult to predict.

Vlaar on twitter - @RonVlaar4: Massive win and a great start of #2014. Too bad I couldn't hold for 90min. Felt great to play again. #UTV #AVFC #AVFCLIVE

Indicates that he isn't injured, certainly not seriously.

Would love to see our points per game with and without Vlaar playing.

Wont be named in the squad again tomorrow, sorely missed

Another want to be ITK. They all think they are going to be a HH by guessing the team. Went to bed thinking he was out last night. Don't know why I paid any attention to people like this, norm don't.

It was worth risking him today seeing as Arsenal is still 12 days away and there's no point playing him against a league 1 team when he's been out so long so logical to rest him against Sheffield and get him right for Arsenal.

We just look much more composed with him at the back, less panicky clearences.

Just quickly did this in Excel. Just league games. Can't say I'm surprised with any of this.

Clipboard01-1.jpg

Also, 33.33% win ratio with Vlaar and 12.5% without.

Over the course of the season this all amounts to just under 48 points with Vlaar. Without - 24.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

Just quickly did this in Excel. Just league games. Can't say I'm surprised with any of this.

Clipboard01-1.jpg

Over the course of the season this all amounts to just under 48 points with Vlaar. Without - 24.

Nice quick chart Mantis, thanks.

Funny, but more than anything else he seems to be a big contributor of our goals for.

Edited by AVTuco

Clipboard01-1.jpg

It's even bigger this season, we have a 40% win ratio with Vlaar and a 0% win ratio without which equates to 1.47 points per game with and 0.2 ppg without.

Â